does anyone know what "supremo" does on your computer.

We had a pop up message on microsoft edge that said due to a detected security  issue to contact microsoft support on a given phone number. My husband naively called the number and before I could stop him he was letting someone access his compter . Now we have something called supremo trying to access our computer have we been scammed? Can we stop this before it does any damage?

You have been scammed.

Contact your financial institutions and tell them you've been the victim of a scam and follow their recommendations.

Clean install Windows 10 onto your computer. This should eliminate anything the scammers put onto your computer.

Change all on-line passwords that you use. Keeping each unique will provide better security.

62 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, you've been scammed. It wasn't Microsoft support he called.

Since he let them into your computer, who knows what they did there or what confidential information they stole.

So since you did, I highly recommend that you do both of the following immediately:

1. Do a clean reinstallation of Windows.

2. *After* reinstalling Windows, change all of your passwords, especially any for banks or other financial sites.

Since they *might* have installed a key logger, simply changing your passwords without first reinstalling Windows may not be good enough.

99 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2024 Views 8,276 Applies to: