Do Not Track setting in Edge

Microsoft made a step in the right direction for consumer privacy when IE had its Do Not Track feature set to ON by default. Why does the Edge browser reverse this trend?
|

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

When the Send Do Not Track requests setting is turned on it will send a request to the websites you visit to not track your activities, including to the third parties whose content may be hosted on the sites you visit.

As you said it is turned off in Edge. We need to manually turn if ON.

To change this setting, go to More actions  > Settings, and under Advanced settings, select View advanced Settings, and then, under Privacy and services, turn the Send Do Not Track requests setting on or off

For additional information on Microsoft Edge, I suggest you to refer the link below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq

Hope it helps.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks, but that doesn't explain why they are making their browser less private by default than before. It is definitely a step backwards. Last night I just reverted back to Windows 8 anyway. The privacy issues are a major concern. 

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

When the Send Do Not Track requests setting is turned on it will send a request to the websites you visit to not track your activities, including to the third parties whose content may be hosted on the sites you visit.

As you said it is turned off in Edge. We need to manually turn if ON.

To change this setting, go to More actions  > Settings, and under Advanced settings, select View advanced Settings, and then, under Privacy and services, turn the Send Do Not Track requests setting on or off

For additional information on Microsoft Edge, I suggest you to refer the link below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq

Hope it helps.

Thank you for your answer; however, I cannot find 

'More actions ..... Settings/Advanced Settings/View Advanced Settings/Privacy & Services and finally .... turn on 'Send Do Not Track Requests'

My left-hand choices File Explorer / Settings / Power  / Apps ...... clicking on Settings brings me to the page with many icons and I have gone through all of them to see if I can find where I need to be.

Can you further assist please ?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks, but that doesn't explain why they are making their browser less private by default than before. It is definitely a step backwards. Last night I just reverted back to Windows 8 anyway. The privacy issues are a major concern. 

You may want to do some research.  I didn't dig to deep but this is what I found so far.

If the Do not Track or DNT is set by default or automatically then the site or advertiser can choose to completely ignore it.  The user has to specifically opt out.  I also read that this setting can be completely ignored as there is not legal obligation to implement the feature

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Why in the world did you provide a detailed response while completely ignoring the actual question? 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

what? you contradicted yourself

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 20, 2021 Views 4,931 Applies to: