Do I really need all those "Microsoft Visual C++" programs?

Two questions. First, what are all those "Microsoft Visual C++ year Redistributable - xXX version #" programs installed. I counted them, I have 13 all together. Second question, I have had quite a few programs installed then uninstalled, and I would assume when a program updates it installs the newer one, correct? So my question is if I were to remove all of them, would the program that needs them/Windows Update reinstall them upon launch or would my computer crash and essentially be **** and have to do a rollback? Thank you to whoever responds! :)
|
Answer
Answer
Gavin

Yes you do and if you delete even one of them some program associated with it will stop,
Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

123 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
hi
Thanks for contacting Microsoft Community.

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable is a set of runtime library files used by many programs installed in the PC, even a part of Windows. Uninstalling them will definitely stop all those programs that depend on them from working. In such event, you will need to install the required version again. The PC will not crash upon uninstallation, but you'll find a lot of error messages when you log on to the PC.
Balaji Kundalam

211 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2021 Views 63,128 Applies to: