.dll downloads

need MSVCP71.dll download!!! I don't need to look for it, it is not there. I don't need to go to some website to buy a .dll file manager for $. I need a file that is gone from my Win7OS, I don't need a runaround/redirect. I am not a child, I don't want to be treated like one, I just want this file.

.dll files/folders can be reinstalled,find out where it comes from Win OS cd included,open folder/file,might have to use search in my computer,once located,R.click on .dll file,send to C:  drive,be specific on where it goes,the Browse button works..Win 7 will install it auto...

No one is trying to give you a hard time on this Microsoft internet web page.....

17 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

You've likely already discovered this for yourself, but that file should have been included with the installer of whatever program requires it.  That is, it's not included in an out-of-the-box Windows 7 installation.

If whatever program you're running that causes the error to come up used to work, then the simplest thing to do would be to uninstall and reinstall that program, making sure that you save any necessary product key or other license information.

On the other hand, from what I've seen, some developers seem to just assume that their customers system will already have that file and thus omit to include it.

If reinstalling the program doesn't work, I suggest asking the publisher of the program for help.  Given that it's from an old version of VC++, I guess it's possible that your application is likewise pretty old an may no longer be supported.

If the application's publisher can't or won't help, I'm only aware of two possibilities:

1.  Use one of the sketchy dll download sites (and I don't blame you for not wanting to do this; these sites are potentially dangerous).

2.  The only other possibility I know of is discussed below (and I'm not sure if it will work).

MSVCP71.dll is a part of Visual C++ 2003.  Unfortunately, it appears that there never was a downloadable "redistributable" package for Visual C++ 2003.  According to this post (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1596167/where-to-download-microsoft-visual-c-2003-redistributable), you should be able to find that file as part of the .NET 1.1 Software Development Kit (SDK).

Although the link to that SDK is still live (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=16217), it's my understanding that you can't install it on Windows 7.  If you have an old Win XP computer that's still working, you could install the SDK there and then copy the dll file.  Or, it's possible that with an archive tool such as 7-zip (https://www.7-zip.org/) you might be able to extract the dll file from the downloaded setup.exe file.  Because setup.exe is over 100 MB, I haven't downloaded it to try.  Good luck, I think you'll need it.

-----
LemP
Volunteer Moderator
MS MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) 2006-2009
Microsoft Community Contributor (MCC) 2011-2012

16 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 17,043 Applies to: