Displaying more statistics from Wireless NIC on Windows - Specifically MCS speed values

I work in the wireless industry and it seems to be a common thread of unknown for Windows.  Definitely suggesting Microsoft ups its game if this can't be done natively.

• Can anyone tell me how to get the Wireless NIC MCS table values along with current speed and other more important wireless information on a Windows 10 machine?  (not to be confused with top end speed capabilities of the device like it has been displayed forever)

I am aware I can do a command line - netsh wlan show interfaces to get current channel and receive/transmit rate, but its missing other important RSSI db values, noise floor db, mcs value, maximum transmit vs what it is getting, somehow graphing these values is important is well at a client level.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HERE is the MAC version of what I'm trying to see ....

via example URL:  https://www.tweaking4all.com/os-tips-and-tricks/macosx-tips-and-tricks/determine-wifi-connection-speed/

Or if you don't want to use link..... here are a few snapshots...notice all the information there

Apple Wi-Fi Icon

System information report method

Answer
Answer

Hi keith,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We have a dedicated team who are equipped with the resources to guide with the right steps to fetch the required information regarding the wireless NIC MCS table. I suggest you to post your query in the IT Pro TechNet forums.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 18, 2024 Views 1,584 Applies to: