DISPLAYING ISSUE WHILE CONNECTING LAPTOP TO SONY BRAVIA TV VIA HDMI ON WINDOWS 10

before upgrading to windows 10 it use to work correctly on windows 8. so, i tried to to update graphic drivers for both Intel and amd drivers.

so, here is the problem,when i connected my laptop with hdmi cable to TV it shows the display on TV but, with low resolution. the laptop is not taking TV has main display . so i tried to change the settings  on display settings but in multiple displays tab when i changed the option to "show only on 2 " i cant apply it as my main display it just "Grayed". actually my tv has 1920x1080 resolution but due to the above problem i cant project my laptop display with 1920x1080 resolution on TV. it can only possible if make my TV as main display .

so please help me to solve this problem.

i attached you some images for better understanding of my problem , the below images are the screen shots of display settings tab when i connected to TV.

my system configuration

ram:- 4 gb

processor :- Intel core i5-3230M @ 2.60ghz

graphic driver version: 10.18.10.4252(updated)

graphic card:- AMD radeon hd 8600m series

graphic driver software version: 16.3.2(updated)

Hi Sai,

As you are facing issues with accessing dual monitor on your device which has lower resolution, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

This might have occurred due to incorrect dual monitor settings on your device.

I suggest you to refer to the below article by Andre Da Costa check how to connect dual monitor, set the settings accordingly and check if it helps.

How to add multiple monitors to your Windows 10 PC

Also, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article: Connect a second monitor or projector

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

thank you for your help,but i have read that article before . it is not solving my problem. as you see in the image one ,

i cant make my second screen as main display, the Apply tab is grayed ,i cant click it, as you see in image two ,it is showing that Display is not detected . so i think the problem is my laptop cant detect secondary display which i connected ,ie TV. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Sai,

I apologize for the delay in response to your issue.

Try to use different computer/ display as a second monitor and check if your PC detects the device. This will let us know if the issue is with your device or the TV.

Also, try to use different cables and check if you are able to connect the devices. This will let us know if the issue is with the damaged cables.

Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello there, 

I am having the same freaking problem. 

My Sony Bravia W800B is not detecting my HP Elitebook 850G1. 

I am using DVI to HDMI converter and connecting to Sony Bravia TV. 

TV is not detecting any signal. I have connected the same PC via same cable to Samsung and it worked well in first attempt. But tried different cables, different connectors Sony is just unable to detect it. Every other devices (my dish setup box, ps4 and media player) are working flawless with Sony at hdmi ports.

I am having windows 10 updated, video drivers updated. Restarted, installing, uninstalling graphic adapter many times but failed. 

This is now driving me nuts, help please. 

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 16, 2024 Views 5,928 Applies to: