Discord voice chat stops randomly while playing World of Warcraft

I know I should either be asking Discord support or Blizzard about this but they're both completely dumbfounded and have provided no solutions whatsoever. So I'm hoping maybe someone is familiar with this issue and that it's something else on my pc that's the cause.

About a month and a half ago, voice functions + mic in Discord would completely stop while playing World of Warcraft. Usually during high stress situations which makes me think it's something to do with my connection? But my internet is fine and it just started suddenly happening. I can't hear, I can't talk, and even my push-to-talk button makes no sound. I can still hear people coming and going from the channel so it shouldn't be a faulty headset. Functions will just resume like normal as they see fit throughout play. How do I diagnose something like this? What could be the potential cause? It's incredibly frustrating because I'm not tech savvy enough to know these things. Nothing needs to be updated and everything's plugged in

***Moved from: Windows/Windows 10/Performance & System

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are facing issues with voice chat in Discord

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• Are you using Discord app or the web version?

• Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, please refer to the methods given below and check if the issue is resolved

Discord Voice and Video Troubleshooting Guide

https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045138471-Discord-Voice-and-Video-Troubleshooting-Guide

Let us know how it goes.

Vineet Kumar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

The app, and no, no changes. Voice doesn't drop while using the browser version.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 11, 2024 Views 518 Applies to: