Discord notification banners are blocked by "Nvidia LocalSystem Container" Service

Hello, I am not getting Discord notification banners and the only thing that seems to fix it is disabling "Nvidia LocalSystem Container" in Services. When I do that, GeForce Experience stops working. I do however, get an notification noise. I've contacted Nvidia regarding GeForce Experience causing this, and here's what they said could be causing it.

"There are no known issues with GeForce Experience disabling banners for Discord reported.

Possible causes of this issue could be software conflicts.

To analyze the issue further and to assist you, please provide me with the following information:
1. May I know since when you are experiencing the issue? Were there any recent software changes?

2. Are Windows, GeForce Experience and Discord updated to latest?

3. Have you tried reinstalling the Applications?"

Doing these things did not fix the problem.

They then asked for a system information file which I sent, and they replied:

"If you have any of these consider uninstalling them temporary and see if that helps. With at least Razer Synapse, Kaspersky, and Keybots, disabling the software won't help, it must be completely removed/uninstalled from the system. Please restart system after uninstall.
a. Kaspersky Anti-Virus or Internet Security
b. Razer Synapse software
c. ASUS KeyBot (Installed with ASUS MB)
d. ASUS GameFirst (Installed with ASUS MB)
e. Panda Cloud anti-virus
f. AVG Internet Security
g. K9 web protection software
h. ESET nod32 Antivirus
i. Razer Kraken APO Helper (installed with Razer Kraken 7.1 USB headset)

Also, consider trying the below troubleshooting, check if the issue persists.
1. Run the SFC Tool and the DISM tool.

2. Deleting CEFCACHE folder:

a. Close GeForce Experience.
b. Press "Windows + R" from keyboard.
c. Type %LOCALAPPDATA% and click ok.
d. Open NVIDIA corporation folder --> Open GeForce Experience Folder.
e. Delete the 'cefcache' folder.
Launch GeForce Experience, check if the issue persists."

I have none of the software listed above but the ASUS motherboard. The software that was installed with the motherboard was ARMOURY CRATE, so I deleted that. I've done the SFC and DISM tools step multiple times to try to fix this. and I deleted the CEFCACHE folder.

Any tips on what to do next?

Answer
Answer

I have this same exact issue too and found an easier solution, turn off the in-game overlay by the settings - from my experience the in-game overlay would be triggered by Windows and display the FPS counter in the corner sometimes when a game wasn't even running.

I run all my games through Steam even if it's just a shortcut to launch the game so I return the FPS counter this way (I actually prefer the smaller FPS counter steam uses). The functionality to easily update drivers, optimise games, etc is still all there.

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 11, 2023 Views 1,568 Applies to: