Disable Hover Feature

Does anyone know how to disable not delay the hover feature for Window 7.  There are a lot anwsers but no resolution.   I've tried them all...  Did windows drop the ball, again.  This is actually my second time writing this questions within the last 5 minutes.  The hover feature closed my previous window which had more details.  Please help.  Windows, this feature was a bad idea, especially when you don't give the option to disable it. 

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Ignorant - what "hover feature" are you referring to?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

No. Compromise unless you have something to say don't reply.  I'm not ignorant. 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Er... I was commenting on my ignorance, not yours, and was requesting more details about the feature you were inquiring about.  Can you elaborate on what you are referring to as the "hover feature"?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

He wanted to know which hover feature you are referring to. I also don't know what you mean. Please tell us more, so that we can find a way to help you.
"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Keyvie,

Try this,

click start>click,control panel>click, Ease of access center>click, Make mouse easier to use>look at page, if there is a check mark for, Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse, uncheck it.

Hope this helps,

WT

LnB

62 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

That feature's not enabled by default, though - perhaps an OEM system could have come with that configuration, I suppose...  It would be good to hear some confirmation that this is the behavior Keyvie is concerned about...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I agree, seems the most likely answer though, I have searched W7 and have not found any other references to hover, with that said, I wait for a reply.

WT

WT

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have also been looking for a solution to this problem.  My issue is when the cursor hovers over an object it seems to run an "open" command without my clicking on the object. 

I'm still not sure this is definitely a problem. 

The last time it happened I noticed that my left thumb was on the touchpad and that pressure may have been the problem.  I have tried to desensitize the touchpad in the mouse utility but that has not corrected the problem. 

My question is, is this hover problem real.  When the cursor hovers over an object is it supposed do anything more than show a pop-up message?

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry I've been gone a while. 

It is the cursor hover.  It not only opens and closes windows, it also intefers when I'm working on documents...if the cursor is not at the point of your typing or deleting of text it changes the position of the cursor and starts the function at that position, which can really screw-up documentation if you are not paying attention. 

I've also installed at least one program from cnet and did not want to agree to the third party feature.  However the cursor was resting on the OK button which agreed to the third party cookie installation. 

The ease of access feature is not enabled.  I've done everthing anyone has suggested on this site, yet nothing seems to work. 

There was someone either on this site or on another site who suggested to go into the registry and change a value to a double zero. This was a reply to someone elses question.  However, I can't find that response or question to follow the steps.  Plus I really try not to go into the registry in fear of screwing something up permanently.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

There is one other thing that may cause the cursor (mouse pointer) to jump to a particular button by default. 

Under Mouse Settings, there is an option called "Snap-To".  This causes the mouse pointer to jump to the OK button by default. 

On the Pointer Options tab, check/uncheck the box for "Snap To" - "Automatically move pointer to the default button in a dialogue box"

Sounds like what you describe.  That option is in your standard mouse options.  It could be called something different, depending on the model/make of mouse, but other than that it seems to be a standard Windows feature/option.

Andrew M
Andrew M

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 28, 2022 Views 13,105 Applies to: