Disable caps lock notification on Windows 11

I have Windows 11 Home and since I updated my computer today, my computer is displaying the Caps Lock notification every time... I press the Caps Lock key obviously. I have tried to search in the Control Panel and in the Settings Menu but nothing happens. It's extremely annoying to me since the icon is superbig and I don't need it, since I have a light that says to me when I have the Caps Lock activated. Any way to disable it?

|
Hi, I am Paulo and I'd like to help.

Windows does not have a setting to display such indicators when activated. This type of overlay is most likely from your device manufacturer's built-in apps or an app provided by your peripherals. May I ask the make of your device or if you're using a wireless keyboard and what brand? The look of this overlay is similar to Dell. If you have Dell peripherals, you should check the Dell Peripheral Manager app and turn off this.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

The actual problem is from an app called "HP System Event Utility". The manufacturer of the computer is HP, and that app controls displays such as the caps lock display. The solution is to just uninstall it. And I'm not the only one who is annoyed by this, almost every person is annoyed by that update...

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It appears that is indeed the utility to remove to turn off the indicator for HP. I also have an HP laptop, and this is the same action I took.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 30, 2024 Views 52 Applies to: