Disable automatic logon on startup/reboot

Hi,

I have several local account on my windows 11 PC (without password). can i disable log on automatically to the last used account on startup / after reboot?

and

How to set logon to specific user account on startup?

Regards,

Galih.

Thanks for reaching out! My name is, Zadee. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I'll be glad to help you today.

I understand that you want to disable autologin to one of your local accounts. Try this first:

1. Log in to the account you want to disable the autologin
2. Press Win + R
3. Type: netplwiz <Enter>
4. Just tick the checkbox "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer"

You can also try the registry method. But be sure to create a restore point before changing the registry.

How to create a restore point guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm2EjpsOXms

Then follow these steps after creating the restore point:

1. Press Windows + R, type regedit <Enter>

2. Navigate to the following path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon.

3. Right-click Winlogon and click New -> DWORD (32-bit) Value. Name the new value AutoAdminLogon.

4. Double-click AutoAdminLogon and set its value to 0.

5. Next, you can right-click Winlogon and click New -> String Value. Name the new value DefaultUserName. Double-click the value and input your user name under Value data. Click OK.

6. Restart the computer.

NOTE: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Kind Regards,
----
Zadee C.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 20, 2024 Views 6,831 Applies to: