DirectX Issues related to Steam

Hello,

I haven't been able to run any games on Steam lately.

When Steam shows the 'Performing first time setup...' prompt, it fails to install DirectX on all games.

Assetto Corsa Competizione gets a 'The following component(s) are required to run this program: DirectX Runtime' message.

I have CCleaner, but I don't use it until I run the installed games.

I get an 'Error - An internal system error occurred. Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log' while trying to install DirectX.

I ran 'sfc /scannow' in the command prompt in Adminand restarted then tried reinstalling DirectX again, but no luck yet.

I reset my PC and have done a Fresh Start I couldn't tell you how many times and I still have this problem.

I feel like showing the DXError.log and DirectX.log files would help, but I can't find them anywhere.

Origin and Uplay are running games flawlessly.

Does anybody have a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Hi.

Try installing Directx manually.

https://offlinefreewarefiles.com/directx-offlin...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Let us know if these steps help you to resolve the issue.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey.

I've had no luck getting DirectX to install.

I had the error code: S1023 show up when installing the June 2010 version.

I asked Steam for help, but they can't because it's a DirectX issue.

Steam has been able to run games in the past before I reset my PC recently and now DirectX doesn't install.

Perhaps uninstalling CCleaner and reinstalling Steam will help... I'm going to try that now.

Is there any other ways I can resolve the issue?

Thanks.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

What I can recommend is that you completely repair the operating system, but first you must backup your files, although with this method the data is not lost but it is a good idea to backup as a security measure, third-party applications if they are uninstalled, check this link.

https://www.intowindows.com/repair-windows-10-i...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 8, 2024 Views 2,966 Applies to: