DirectX Error - Windows 11 Pro N Non Active

Hello
Everytime I run a game on Steam it tries to install DirectX (Some games run some don't)
I tried to installa again the DirectX and these are the logs:

DXError

[04/05/23 17:33:39] module: dxupdate(Mar 30 2011), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 5861, function: DirectXUpdateInstallPlugIn

RegisterDllFromSection() failed.

--------------------

[04/05/23 17:33:39] module: dsetup32(Mar 30 2011), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 280, function: CSetup::InstallPlugIn

DirectXUpdateInstallPlugIn() failed.

--------------------

[04/05/23 17:33:39] module: dsetup32(Mar 30 2011), file: setup.cpp, line: 1727, function: CSetup::SetupForDirectX

InstallPlugIn() failed.

The DirectX one is too long so I'll post it if it's needed

DirectX is a part of Windows so its already installed. The prereq's there on a game first run is a specific exact version tied to that game of which may nor may not already be installed depending on if its newer or not, etc.

Unless anything major is incorrect about your OS installation then the DirectX installer simply either installs something or doesn't and finishes.

Sometimes an N version may not contain certain things. I've no idea if Windows 11 Pro N is lacking something over a non-N version as Window 10 N was lacking the media features. But, it looks like Windows 11 is also: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/media-feature-pack-for-windows-n-8622b390-4ce6-43c9-9b42-549e5328e407 And that is tied to games working or not. But, I don't know if that's tied to DirectX installer (I wouldn't at all expect it to be lol).

This stuff is also dependent on the GPU, GPU driver,

You could try an in-place upgrade and/or clean OS install if nothing else helps. There are other possibilities but I'm not listing everything.

Others have asked for those exact errors and no solution was found in those posts so its difficult to say if doing minor things will result in it being solved or just waste time.

Hope the best :)

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2024 Views 1,044 Applies to: