DirectX 9.0 install

Hi, I am wanting to play the game world of tanks on my computer but when I try to play it pops up with System Error - d3dx9_43.dll is missing and after some searching, i found that you need to install DirectX to fix. But when I go to download it says Requested action requires elevation and I don't know how to fix. I have windows 10. 

You didn't mention which DirectX tool your are trying to download or where you are trying to download from.

Are you logged on with an Administrator account ? If you are disable your Anti-virus temporarily as this may be

blocking the installer (or download).

- As you know which DirectX file is required, try using the DirectX Web Installer. This will install any 'missing' DX files.

Download DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from Official Microsoft Download Center

- If you get a message that you already have a equivalent or newer version your d3dx9_43.dll may have been corrupted

(games reinstall DX, and sometimes corrupt perfectly good files in the process).

Browse to Windows\System32 and sysWOW64 and locate the d3dx9_43.dll in each folder and delete them.

Run the Web Installer again and it should replace the now missing file with a new one.

99 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2024 Views 26,169 Applies to: