DirectPlay in Legacy Components

Im trying to play Rollercoaster Tycoon 2, but I can't run the game because of missing DirectPlay. I found out that I can enable DirectPlay in Legacy Components in windows settings, and thats the solution that everyone recommends, I'm sure it works, because I've done that on other PC and then it worked, but all I can see in my windows settings, is empty Legacy Components list. On other PC, there was DirectPlay on this list, but I can't find it on my PC. My version of directx is 12.

Hi JanKurek99,

Normally, you can enable DirectPlay feature from the Legacy Components on Windows 10 to play your old games to it. Regarding your concern, can you tell us if you received any error messages about DirectPlay is missing when trying to play your game? If so, there should be a link on the error message that will allow you to install DirectPlay to your computer. Before doing so, please make sure that you temporarily disable any antivirus on your computer so that it won't be blocked when installing the files.

Keep us updated with the result. We'd be glad to further assist you.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I've disabled antivirus and tried again, it was still the same as it was before, after I run game, I get this(1) window, it appears for about half a second, and then I get second (2) window. When I then click close I get error message (3). I didn't get any direct play download option there, thats all what happens. I'm using Windows XP (service pack 3) compatibility mode. Also Tell me how to solve this problem isn't working.

(1)

(2)

(3)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I think it's because of the new update of windows where they just deleted directplay from it, without consideration of the use for certain people who play old game so for now I can't find any solution to install directplay

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

nevermind just got a update and it's back 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 14, 2024 Views 3,417 Applies to: