Digital license & activation using local account (without login to win10 via microsoft account) ?

Hello,

I want to be able to activate & register my windows10 installs with micosoft using my microsoft account,

but WITHOUT having to use the microsoft-account login at windows login.

Instead i want to login in windows10 using my local account,

while the (re)activition & (re)registering win10 will still be effective (especially helpfull if i want a clean install from scratch of win10) 

How can i do that ?

Hi,

Linking your Microsoft account in activating Windows 10 was introduced way back in Windows Anniversary Update. A local account and Microsoft account profiles are different account profiles that you can create upon logging in to your computer. With a local account profile, you can have it set with or without any password and same goes with it's permissions from managing programs, apps, and files depending on how you'll have it set. As for a Microsoft account profile, one of it's advantages is in the event that you get locked out, you can use a different computer to have it unlocked or have the password reset.

We understand that you want to associate your Windows 10 license to your Microsoft account but you still want to log in on your computer by using your local account. This feature is not yet available in Windows 10. However, this would be a good suggestion or be a angle to look at for our developers. Having said that, we suggest that you post a feedback through Feedback Hub app on your Windows 10. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback items.

For more information on Feedback Hub, see our support article and YouTube video

In order to submit new feedback, please follow these steps:

1. Search for Feedback Hub in Cortanasearch, then launch the app.
  2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then click on + Add new feedback.
  3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
  4. Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking on Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring when you’re done.
  5. Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click on Submit.
  6. Click on Continue using Feedback Hub.
  7. Click on My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).
  8. Open the item you submitted, then click on Share.
  9. Click on Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like https://aka.ms/<unique link>).

Let us know if you have other concerns.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Linking to a Microsoft Account is not required to register your computer.

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Best,
Andre
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

32 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2024 Views 15,915 Applies to: