Device Not Migrated Samsung Odyssey G3 Monitor

My monitor is suddenly not running at 144hz today even though it has been for a while. If I attempt to set it to 144hz the entire screen goes black except for a sliver at the very top. I moved the monitor to watch a movie with some friends earlier but I definitely didn't damage the monitor while doing so. I just moved it back to my desk and plugged it back in and the screen faded to black as I described above after a little while in a game. I tried updating firmware for the monitor, updating graphics drivers, and updating to the latest Windows update I can, but it still won't run at 144hz. Only works at 60hz. I also noticed in the advanced display settings for the monitor, it typically shows 144.00 Hz refresh rate and 10-bit bit depth but it now shows 60.000 Hz and 8-bit despite allowing me to select 144 Hz still. Just turning the screen black as I stated.

In events for the monitor I receive this message:

Device DISPLAY\SAM710B\5&278fce25&4&UID4354 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: DISPLAY\HWP2848\5&278fce25&0&UID4352

Class Guid: {4d36e96e-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Location Path:

Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFF0000F100

Present: false

Computer Information:

Edition Windows 10 Home

Version 22H2

Installed on ‎6/‎30/‎2021

OS build 19045.2364

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.00 GHz

Installed RAM 16.0 GB

Device ID A2F7BA15-9B82-4156-8178-768DDD1A0E62

Product ID 00326-10000-00000-AA628

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Hi, my name is Anderson Souza, I hope I can help you with your issue.

There is a procedure in Windows involving using the Registry Editor that clears the cache of external monitors. The procedure is as follows:

Open the Registry Editor application (click on the Start Menu and type Registry).
Access the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\

You can copy and paste the above path into Registry Editor's address bar to go straight to the key.

Right-click on the "Configuration" subkey and select Delete from the context menu.
Now delete two other subkeys, Connectivity and ScaleFactors.

Restart Windows 10 for the changes made by the registry adjustment to take effect.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Anderson and thank you for the reply

Unfortunately, I'm still running into the same problem after trying this. Today I've actually noticed I now have some faint horizontal lines showing up on the monitor in some places while set to 60 Hz. I'm starting to wonder if it is in fact a hardware problem with the monitor, DP cable, or graphics card. At some point, I'll try and test the monitor on a friend's computer and see what happens. If you have any other ideas though I am all ears.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This would be my suggestion, test the monitor on another PC, normally these lines tend to indicate a hardware problem. You can also test by changing the cable used to connect the monitor to the PC.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I am experiencing the same issue, so i was wondering if you figured more out since when you made this post

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you ever solve this problem? I'm having the same exact issue

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes I did... Unfortunately my monitor was just busted. I had to take it up with Samsung and they had me send it in to the repair team where they confirmed a part was broken but they didnt have the part to fix it. I then got a refund cus it was still under warranty but they are pretty awful to deal with. Took me two full months after starting the process to get the refund. All I can say is I hope yours is still under warranty and if you can get a refund theyll offer a coupon but if you ask to refund it onto a card they will. Sorry you're experiencing the same thing.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Not sure the conventions on these forums for this but im just gonna copy my reply to youshallpass who had the same question.

Yes I did... Unfortunately my monitor was just busted. I had to take it up with Samsung and they had me send it in to the repair team where they confirmed a part was broken but they didnt have the part to fix it. I then got a refund cus it was still under warranty but they are pretty awful to deal with. Took me two full months after starting the process to get the refund. All I can say is I hope yours is still under warranty and if you can get a refund theyll offer a coupon but if you ask to refund it onto a card they will. Sorry you're experiencing the same thing.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 1, 2024 Views 1,406 Applies to: