Dell Photo 926 Printer won't work with Windows 7

My Dell laptop crashed so I purchased a Toshiba laptop... is a 64 bit Windows 7 Operating system...I have installed, uninstalled and reinstalled the driver many many times.. STILL the drivers are not recognized so it won't work... HELP!...what am I doing wrong?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers.
I have made certain the printer was not plugged in or otherwise connected...
I have confirmed that I am downloading the 64 bit version; which is what I have..

STILL AN ERROR ...DRIVER NOT RECOGNIZED!

Answer
Answer

Hey MagicMaker,

What happens when you try to connect the printer?

Do you get any error message?

Did it ever work fine?

Have you installed the latest drivers from the manufacturer’s site below?

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?os=W732&catid=-1&dateid=-1&impid=-1&osl=EN&typeid=-1&formatid=-1&servicetag=&SystemID=PRN_ALL_A926&hidos=WLH&hidlang=en&TabIndex=

If not, please do download and install it.

Uninstall all traces of the driver first and then use add printer wizard and try installing the printer again.

When the wizard asks for the driver CD for printer, browse to the downloaded 64 bit drivers (which should be in extracted form) and then install it.

Important Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Regards,

Savan – Microsoft Support.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 1, 2020 Views 3,467 Applies to: