Dell mobile connect 3.3 connecting issues

I have a dell computer and recently the Dell Mobile Connect app was updated to the newest version. I wanted to try using the call and text feature but my iPhone wouldn't pair via Bluetooth. The devices both show up as compatible to pair but it will process the pairing request and then say it failed. Even when I go into the settings and try to connect it there it won't connect. I tried troubleshooting and turned my Bluetooth on and off but it still won't connect. Is there an issue with either of my devices or is this a glitch?

(By the way I'm using an Windows 10 Inspiron computer and an iPhone Xr)

Thanks for any help in advance

Have you checked with the Dell Community? What did you try in Settings? Was it, Phone?

See if this video helps.

H. E. W.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi thanks for the reply,

Something similar has happened before with the biometrics and Bluetooth settings where I've had to run services if I couldn't find the option in the device manager. According to the video I should look for Portable Device Manger but it isn't there in device manager. I know I should find the files in Services and switch some stuff around but I'm not sure what it would be under. I tried changing Portable Device Emulator but I don't think that helped. If you have any ideas please let me know!

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I recently bought an Inspiron 3891 with Windows 10. After a few weeks, a Dell popup suggested installing Dell Mobile Connect for use with my iPhone. After install all was okay. However, the second time I opened it (well, actually, it runs in the background), which was the first time I actually tried to use it, I got the forever-spinning circles with the message "Connecting, please wait." That would be forever. My solution was to turn off Bluetooth on my iPhone, then oddly enough, photos and contacts appeared in the Dell Mobile window. This was when the phone was disconnected! Maybe these were buffered. Anyhow, I enabled Bluetooth again on my phone, and , voila, everything is back to normal. It makes no sense but, I guess, when in doubt turn everything off and then back on. Maybe Dell can get some answers from the software developer.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 12, 2024 Views 3,748 Applies to: