December 21, 2017 Windows Update

My windows OS was originally Windows 10 Home Single Language. And on December 21, 2017, it "magically" upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. Now my original digital license for Win 10 Home Single Language is now running on a Windows 10 Pro. And my computer now says "Running a non-genuine copy of Windows". Can I somehow downgrade my Windows 10 Pro back to my original Windows 10 Home Single Language? Please help. I cant personalize my PC not until I activate my Windows 10 Pro. :( 

*** Personal information is removed for security purposes *** 

Hi Ronelle,

We've found a thread that is related to your concern. We suggest following the steps provided by Andre Da Costa on this link. The steps provided on it was able to help other customers in activating their Windows.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query any time.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Because there is no single language version of Windows 10 1709, you will need to download Windows 10 Home Single Language 1703 from the following link:

https://tb.rg-adguard.net/index.php?sid=74a7cf51-12ed-19f5-2885-3b48ad9ee67b

Create a bootable copy:

Perform a custom install:

Windows 10 Digital License

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Best,
Andre
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 5, 2020 Views 76 Applies to: