Death Screen following hibernation & sleep, still there even after resetting windows.

Please Help,

This death screen below is a pain in the neck. It always appears 5-10 seconds after wakeup from sleep or hibernation. Before this screen appears, my network icon in the taskbar usually shows no connection nor Wi-Fi is available, as if the problem was there. However, I tried everything from updating windows, drivers, and all apps, to scanning the system and the hard drive for errors, to stopping quick start up and hibernation, to checking and updating bios, and lastly resetting windows. I cannot find any solution for it. It has been more than 3 months till now. I think it started after an update with ons and offs, but now it's getting out of hands after each hibernation or sleeping attempt with no solution. 

My device is: Lenovo Yoga 530 - Windows 10

Hi Himoo2Ti

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

The error on that screen indicates it is the device driver on your Intel WiFi card that is causing the crash, go to the support page for your PC on the Lenovo website, then from there, download and install the version of that driver they recommend . . .

If that does not resolve the crashing, check to see if your PC is producing any minidump files, I will check those to see if they provide any insight into a potential cause of the system crashes . . .

Open Windows File Explorer

Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump

Copy any minidump files onto your Desktop, then zip those up

Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.), then choose to share those and get a share link

Then post the link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you Sir!

I've been using Lenovo automatic updater, however when I did it manually as you mentioned, the problem seems to be resolved magically. It appears now that most automatic updaters don't work, even those from the mother company.

Thank you again.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Dave, 

It seems that the problem is on again. Here's a link to the minidump files that I found in the directory you've mentioned. It's only one file, so I uploaded it here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/oy7bku95lyrjckc/011621-8890-01.dmp/file

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 10, 2022 Views 176 Applies to: