DCOM ERROR

My laptop keeps crashing and the only thing i saw in my event viewer is DCOM error 10016

Error 1:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID 

Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager

and APPID 

Unavailable

to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Error 2:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID 

Windows.SecurityCenter.WscDataProtection

and APPID 

Unavailable

to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Error 3:

Windows.SecurityCenter.SecurityAppBroker

and APPID 

Unavailable

Error 4:

Windows.SecurityCenter.WscCloudBackupProvider

and APPID 

Unavailable

to the user XXXX\xxxxxx SID (S-1-5-21-3696778799-3533947105-1738477969-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Hi Ssssss_17

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

DCOM 10016 errors are rarely the cause of a system crash, Windows 10 is designed to recover from them automatically, without a crash . ..

Please check to see if your PC is producing any minidump files, I will check those to see if they provide any insight into a potential cause of the system crashes . . .

Open Windows File Explorer

Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump

Copy any minidump files onto your Desktop, then zip those up

Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.), then choose to share those and get a share link

Then post the link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

The crash may not be due to DCOM 10016 error.

From https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4022522/dcom-event-id-10016-is-logged-in-windows-10-windows-server, Microsoft says:

"These events can be safely ignored because they do not adversely affect functionality and are by design. This is the recommend action for these events."

If you still like to fix, refer this guide:

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-event-10016-error-the-application-specific-permission-settings-do-not-grant-local-activation-permission-in-windows-10

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft MVP (Windows IT Pro), since 2014 · Windows Insider MVP, since 2016 · Windows Help (www.kapilarya.com)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Good day sir! I can't find any Minidump here in my laptop.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Ssssss_17

What are you doing when you system crashes, and what exactly happens when your system crashes, does it just shut down, or does the screen go black or a blue screen?

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 10, 2023 Views 3,211 Applies to: