DCOM Error Event 10036 in PC Client Side

Currently we are connecting OPC DA client to an remote OPC DA server using DCOM technology.  OPC DA client can be connected to OPC DA Server. We got all tags from OPC DA Server and the values are good in OPC DA client but we found that there are DCOM errors detected in PC Client's Windows Event Viewer every 2 minutes as long as OPC DA client accesses the OPC DA Server.

I read this article and the error 10036 should be on the PC server side but it's strange that the errors appear on the PC client side.

This is the example error that I got in PC client side, it mentioned the PC client device name but "from [OPC DA Server IP]"

"The server-side authentication level policy does not allow the user [PC Client Device Name\User Name] SID XXXXXX from address [OPC DA Server IP] to activate DCOM server. Please raise the activation authentication level at least to RPC_C_AUTHN_LEVEL_PKT_INTEGRITY in client application."

Could you please suggest how to fix the DCOM error detected in PC Client's Windows Event Viewer? Will the DCOM error affect connection / data transmission between Server and Client (such as causing error in Windows OS Server in the future)? Or we can ignore this error (because the connection between server-client is okay now)?

Thank you

Good Day Betaria_Hartari,

My name is Carlo, I am also using Windows pc and community member like you.

This is a community forum for Home consumers, for Windows Server related inquiry you can post it in the forum below.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/topics...

Have a wonderful day ahead and stay safe.

Sincerely,
Carlo T.
*This is a public forum and I do not work for Microsoft nor do I have access to any user accounts. To protect your privacy, do not post any personal information.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for the information

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Good Day Betaria_Hartari,

I appreciate your time getting back to this thread,I am glad to help, post it in that forum where IT professional are members in that forum.

Have a wonderful day ahead and stay safe.

Sincerely,
Carlo T.
*This is a public forum and I do not work for Microsoft nor do I have access to any user accounts. To protect your privacy, do not post any personal information.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 4, 2023 Views 5,021 Applies to: