DAX API

Hello,

As of very recently I have discovered that in my task manager there is a process called "DAX API" and if you expand it, it says "Dolby Dax API Service". This process takes up about 90% of memory, ~13000 Mb. Is this some sort of virus or a problem that can be solved? I have once tried to end the task and nothing of note happened to my computer, sound worked fine and the memory was back to normal. I've seen online that it could be a virus and that you can use a program to scan if it is a legitimate program or a virus, but I am hesitant to download any unknown files. Screenshot of the process below.

Thank you,

Titas.

|
Hi Titas

Most processes, if you google them, you will find reports that they are a virus or malware, this is rarely true, they are just trying to sell you their software to remove the 'virus'

Dax API is part of your Dolby Atmos installation, the best thing to do is totally uninstall that from your PC to see if your system settles down . . .

Then if you do want to run that software, download and install the latest version available . . .

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

45 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 22, 2021 Views 23,813 Applies to: