Date is the wrong way round

British dates are formatted "dd/mm/yyyy", however there is no option for this in windows 10. There is a way to format the date to dd/MMM/yy, however I'm not used to the month being written in letters and generally just don't like it. Is there any way to format the date to "dd/mm/yyyy"? 

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are facing issue with the date format. I would suggest you to try the steps provided below and see if you are able to find out the correct format or not.

• Right click on the date and time present at the right bottom.
  • Click on Change Date and Time under Date and Time.
  • Click on Change Colander Settings.
  • Now under formats you will be able to see the format which you want.

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any queries related to Windows, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh Kumar.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

This was happening on one of my machines also, and what is occurring is that United States is selected as the language, even if the little language icon in the task tray is saying otherwise.

Steps to fix

Click the language icon in the task tray, and select Language Preferences.  If for some reason that icon is not there, hit the Start Button, type Settings, hit Enter and select Time & Language and then Region & language.

In my scenario, Australia was selected as the Country or region, and in the Languages section, English (United States) was listed, followed by English (Australia) and the words Language pack available.

Click the English (Australia) item.

Check your date in the task tray, should be fixed now.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 12, 2024 Views 2,488 Applies to: