c:/windows/System32/msg.exe pop up and disappear on desktop

I am facing  problem  when i am installing something or working in windows application c:/windows/System32/msg.exe pop up and disappear on desktop  in fews seconds. its really annoying. unable to find some solution 

i have seen some online solution like run Rkill etc etc, but its not work for me.

[ Moved From: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / Desktop ]

Hi,

As you may already know, the msg.exe command is a Command Prompt command that's used to send a message to one or more users on the network. This may be required by the application you are trying to install that's why it keeps on popping-up. May we verify if you were able to install the application successfully? If not, may we know the error message or code that you are receiving?

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

NO its not about installing some application. Even it  starts pop up and disappear when i open outlook.i have not seen any problem 1 month back and i have not installed something fishy , suddenly i observed this behavior of command prompt pop up and disappearing in few seconds.Some behaviour i have observed . when i restart my computer its pop up multiple time . I have disabled everything in startup but it does not solved. When i open any microsoft office application its start pop up and disappearing  , some time even i do not nothing  it starts pop up. Here is another gif file which will explain you !

its shows C:/windows/System32/Msg.EXE in command prompt. But with no message even its disappear in few secs. 

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

To further isolate the command prompt pop-up, we recommend performing the methods below:

The methods are listed in order, so start with the first one, see if that fixes the problem, and then continue to the next one if it doesn’t.

Method 1:
Test the issue in safe mode

Method 2:
Perform a clean boot

Feel free to post back for the results.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

NO its not about installing some application. Even it  starts pop up and disappear when i open outlook.i have not seen any problem 1 month back and i have not installed something fishy , suddenly i observed this behavior of command prompt pop up and disappearing in few seconds.Some behaviour i have observed . when i restart my computer its pop up multiple time . I have disabled everything in startup but it does not solved. When i open any microsoft office application its start pop up and disappearing  , some time even i do not nothing  it starts pop up. Here is another gif file which will explain you !

its shows C:/windows/System32/Msg.EXE in command prompt. But with no message even its disappear in few secs. 

Hi. Try downloading free version of malwarebytes and run a scan with it. Another person I helped on this forum had same problem and I had him download malwarebytes which solved his problem. You may have picked up a hitchhiker on the internet. Hope it solves your problem. 

https://www.malwarebytes.com/

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 20, 2024 Views 2,808 Applies to: