Cut & paste: - Folder and files have disappeared after cutting, no pate function?

Hi everyone

I really need some help here, please try! I decided to move a folder containing important docs to another location on my main drive, so I selected said folder, went to the new location, right clicked in order to select paste and the 'paste' option was not there !! So I went back to the original location in My Documents, clicked again on said folder and a red box appeared telling me that the file/folder have been deleted or moved to another location [ you know the one], and that's it, the folder has GONE ! 

I've looked everywhere for it, . I closed and re-opened Windows Explorer and the original folder has vanished seemingly without trace. I have read a couple of forums and not yet found a solution. I have downloaded Remo Recover which recovered over 156gb of files from way back when and my lost folder doesnt appear there either [I think I may have been duped with this program - is it safe]?

I went to the MS site which recommends to download an app called 'Clipboard'  in an attempt to see if the folder is held somewhere on my clipboard however this app doesnt appear to do anything at all except present me with a large orange box that says 'share' which also doesnt do anything [bring back 'clippy' thats what I say].

I am reluctant to shut down my PC now in case my lost folder gets lost forever - it must be here somewhere, can anybody help me please?

Kind regards Rik

Hi Rik,

If you haven't checked your files on the given locations below, please do:

• Check the files in Windows.Old/User folder ( Go to C:\Windows.old and C:\User.  (Make sure that you are signed in as an Administrator)).
  • Check the files in AppData and Temp folder (Windows + R and type %appdata% and %temp%).
  • Check the files in other drives if available (D:, E:).
  • Check the files in Recycle Bin.

For other possible resolution on how you can restore deleted files and folders, or restore a file or folder to a previous state, see this link.

Let us know how it goes.

16 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Lizette,

It did not occur to me to look in the Windows folders. I'm  using Windows 10 and Windows.Old/User folder C:\Windows.old do not appear, nor does appdata !! However, since you kindly directed me to this location I decided to take a look in each of the folders in C\Windows and hey presto!! there they were, in the ASUS folder !!

So I have to thank you at least for pointing me in the right direction, much obliged.

Kind Regards

Rik

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We're glad to know that your concern has been resolved.

Let us know if you encounter any other problems.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 29, 2024 Views 32,951 Applies to: