Cumulative updates - September 2020

This is a summary of the cumulative updates released on September 8th for all the supported consumer releases of Windows 10.

1. Windows 10 2004 - KB4571756 Build 19041.508
  2. Windows 10 1903 and 1909 - KB4574727, Build 18362.1082 and 18363.1082
  3. Windows 10 1809 - KB4570333, Build 17763.1457

Servicing Stack Updates

It is recommended to install Servicing stack updates before installing the cumulative updates. This update makes quality improvements to the servicing stack, which is the component that installs Windows updates. Servicing stack updates (SSU) makes sure that you have a robust and reliable servicing stack so that your devices can receive and install Microsoft updates.

• For Windows 10 2004, information about Servicing stack update KB4577266 is here.
  • For Windows 10 1903, information about Servicing stack update KB4576751 is here.
  • For Windows 10 1809, information about Servicing stack update KB4570332 is here.

Windows 10 update history

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4529964/windows-10-update-history

Windows 10 release dashboard

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-2004

Windows 10 message center

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/windows-message-center#407

Follow @WindowsUpdate to find out when new content is published to the release information dashboard.

----------------------------------------------

Important: Users posting replies referring to their own websites would be considered as Spam and would be suspended from this community.

(If you have recommended this discussion and are looking for the unsubscribe button, please hit subscribe below, and a dialogue will open with the unsubscribe choice.)

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Ok . If I had access to the internet yesterday I probably would do the same thing.  Waiting for the next update wasn't an option for me because I had to way to receive it. Hope you can get help with your situation. Take care

I'm having a similar issue. My Start Button (and everything that works off it, which includes the action centre) stops working after this is installed. I've tested and it's definitely KB4571756 because uninstalling it fixes the problem. It also caused ASUS Armory Crate to fall over (error in cdp.dll - says the file is incompatible with windows); I hoped uninstalling that would solve the issue, but it didn't.

Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Version 2004

OS build 19041.450

Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

For the moment I've paused updates for 7 days.

P.S. I've checked and the Service Stack Update installed with no problems.

-----

thanks for this.

I' trying to also uninstall mine.... hope it works... no matter what i did, some of the suggestions are not working. uninstalling now.... 

I just downloaded and installed the latest update (12 Sept 2020).

NOW - "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. You can set up your PIN again by going to Settings>Accounts>Sign-in options."

NO I CANNOT! Because my password doesn't work to let me log-in! What am I supposed to do here? 

Update: been waiting to chat with a live person for a while now.

Tried Startup Repair (didn't work); Uninstall updates (nope); System Restore (error);

This makes me so mad, it was a Windows update that now triggered my having to what, reset my whole pc and reinstall everything that was there?

HA! And apparently there is an issue with "System Reset" too! I am so livid.

This latest update is causing a serious issue with my ASUS wifi adapter, drivers are current, after this recent microsoft update on 9/11/2020. Wildest thing is my wifi adapter functions ok it ONLY seems to disable my wifi adapter when I start downloading and updating program files. I can download a pdf fine but when I need to update a program file it begins to download then abruptly windows 10 disables my wifi adapter completely! It doesn't even show up in my device manager list or the network settings window. Windows 10 latest update 9/11/2020 is the culprit without a doubt. One of these updates is the problem

KB4574727

KB4576484

KB4576751

Before microsoft's latest update my wifi adapter worked perfectly fine.

Microsoft please fix the update

Thank You

After latest download my mouse /cursor disappeared - When I try to download the 64 bit driver it says the driver already exists, do I want to re-install?  Whether I say yes or no to the download  another applet pops up and says no supported device located.

When I look in the Device manager there is no <mice or other pointers> listed for the laptop - unless I plug in a USB mouse.

There was a mouse BEFORE the 9/12/2020 update and now, there is no mouse listed in the device manager but I cant download another - yet there is no device supported either. 

****?

The issuew u describe remind me of grim days...

Tried all and every solution i could find.

About 2 days into this nightmare i was left with a corrupt OS, a bricked main BIOS, thank god mine has a backup BIOS built in.

What i did to fix it:

- clear cmos

- reflash older bios from backup, then updated from a usb stick.

- booted from a usb with win10 install media

- None of 4 drives could install, no idea why. 2 m.2 ssd, and 2 sata hdd.

- formatted 1 ssd, no succes. Had to wipe all of them before the installer would continue.

- when win10 finished installing, about 60GB worth of updates was done before all was in working order again.

Hope u have better luck!

And set windows update to only do security update automatically and nothing else. When a real system update comes it'll tell u.

Another one, i had to format all drives in my system or win10 installer wouldn't even let me do a clean install on any of 4 drives.

If u have more than 1 drive, and can remove i e with most valuable data before booting op windows install media it might only need 1 drive wiped. I found no other way. If u obly have 1... I hate to be the bringer of bad news. But i think all data is lost.

Thanks for sharing . Windows is ALWAYS a nightmare.. I appreciate your insights. Thanks!

- clear cmos

- reflash older bios from backup, then updated from a usb stick.

- booted from a usb with win10 install media

- None of 4 drives could install, no idea why. 2 m.2 ssd, and 2 sata hdd.

- formatted 1 ssd, no succes. Had to wipe all of them before the installer would continue.

- when win10 finished installing, about 60GB worth of updates was done before all was in working order again.

And set windows update to only do security update automatically and nothing else. When a real system update comes it'll tell u.

Once again, this is GREEK SPEAK to me!  I have to clue as how to do the things you mention.  I need a "MS forum for dummies."

I have windows 10 HOME edition, so not sure I'm able to " set windows update to only do security update automatically and nothing else."

If you know how, do tell.

In reading the latest posts, the HITS just keep coming and coming!  We need the owner(s) of MS to start yelling: "And YOU get a new computer, And YOU get a new computer and YOU get a new computer! (Oprah reference to the free car giveaway.)

I literally had a  dream  nightmare last night that sparks and smoke were billowing from my machine.  This has become all too consuming for many (thousands?) of people.  Keep at it everyone!  Wish MS could hire Bill Gates to go back in his garage and fix this mess!

NOW - "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. You can set up your PIN again by going to Settings>Accounts>Sign-in options."

NO I CANNOT! Because my password doesn't work to let me log-in! What am I supposed to do here? 

Not sure this will help but worth a try:  PITA for sure but if  you're absolutely stuck, it may work!  Let us know.

https://www.howtogeek.com/443386/how-to-remove-your-pin-and-other-sign-in-options-from-windows-10/

Discussion Info

Last updated September 22, 2020 Views 9,591 Applies to: