Cumulative updates - September 2020

This is a summary of the cumulative updates released on September 8th for all the supported consumer releases of Windows 10.

1. Windows 10 2004 - KB4571756 Build 19041.508
  2. Windows 10 1903 and 1909 - KB4574727, Build 18362.1082 and 18363.1082
  3. Windows 10 1809 - KB4570333, Build 17763.1457

Servicing Stack Updates

It is recommended to install Servicing stack updates before installing the cumulative updates. This update makes quality improvements to the servicing stack, which is the component that installs Windows updates. Servicing stack updates (SSU) makes sure that you have a robust and reliable servicing stack so that your devices can receive and install Microsoft updates.

• For Windows 10 2004, information about Servicing stack update KB4577266 is here.
  • For Windows 10 1903, information about Servicing stack update KB4576751 is here.
  • For Windows 10 1809, information about Servicing stack update KB4570332 is here.

Windows 10 update history

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4529964/windows-10-update-history

Windows 10 release dashboard

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-2004

Windows 10 message center

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/windows-message-center#407

Follow @WindowsUpdate to find out when new content is published to the release information dashboard.

----------------------------------------------

Important: Users posting replies referring to their own websites would be considered as Spam and would be suspended from this community.

(If you have recommended this discussion and are looking for the unsubscribe button, please hit subscribe below, and a dialogue will open with the unsubscribe choice.)

|

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Another one, i had to format all drives in my system or win10 installer wouldn't even let me do a clean install on any of 4 drives.

If u have more than 1 drive, and can remove i e with most valuable data before booting op windows install media it might only need 1 drive wiped. I found no other way. If u obly have 1... I hate to be the bringer of bad news. But i think all data is lost.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for sharing . Windows is ALWAYS a nightmare.. I appreciate your insights. Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

- clear cmos

- reflash older bios from backup, then updated from a usb stick.

- booted from a usb with win10 install media

- None of 4 drives could install, no idea why. 2 m.2 ssd, and 2 sata hdd.

- formatted 1 ssd, no succes. Had to wipe all of them before the installer would continue.

- when win10 finished installing, about 60GB worth of updates was done before all was in working order again.

And set windows update to only do security update automatically and nothing else. When a real system update comes it'll tell u.

Once again, this is GREEK SPEAK to me!  I have to clue as how to do the things you mention.  I need a "MS forum for dummies."

I have windows 10 HOME edition, so not sure I'm able to " set windows update to only do security update automatically and nothing else."

If you know how, do tell.

In reading the latest posts, the HITS just keep coming and coming!  We need the owner(s) of MS to start yelling: "And YOU get a new computer, And YOU get a new computer and YOU get a new computer! (Oprah reference to the free car giveaway.)

I literally had a  dream  nightmare last night that sparks and smoke were billowing from my machine.  This has become all too consuming for many (thousands?) of people.  Keep at it everyone!  Wish MS could hire Bill Gates to go back in his garage and fix this mess!

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

NOW - "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. You can set up your PIN again by going to Settings>Accounts>Sign-in options."

NO I CANNOT! Because my password doesn't work to let me log-in! What am I supposed to do here? 

Not sure this will help but worth a try:  PITA for sure but if  you're absolutely stuck, it may work!  Let us know.

https://www.howtogeek.com/443386/how-to-remove-your-pin-and-other-sign-in-options-from-windows-10/

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Once again folks, you can restore your PC back to it's last good working date by using SYSTEM RESTORE. BUT IT MUST BE DONE IN SAFE MODE or you will fail and get errors. Please read my entry on September 12th for details. Your available system restore dates will reappear in SAFE MODE. Trying to put your pc back together piece by piece will only drive you crazy and make matters worse. THE OCTOBER UPDATE WILL NOT CORRECT THE CHANGED CONFIGURATION AND MESSED UP FUNCTIONALITY OF YOUR PC.
P.S. If your computer is new and you don't have that much in it feel free to wipe it clean using your computer reset methods. Clean start. BUT, if you have a lot or programs and apps and data in there, your best chance to make it as it was before the crash is to use System Restore because it has a picture of the image of settings as of a certain date in the past. 

Good luck everyone.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have Windows 10 Home 64 bit, version 2004, OS build 19041.508

After the new update, the screen saver and power saver settings stopped working. I have restarted several times, run the troubleshooter several times and ensured everything is enabled. They're still not working though. I've resorted to turning off my monitor when not in use, but I'd like to get the screen saver and power saver settings working again. Please help! 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi :)

also have Windows 10 Home 64 bit, version 2004, OS build 19041.50 - I even tried to reset this laptop to no avail - It went through the motions and then said something failed in the memory...?  It wouldnt even let me do a factory reset.

You spend the money - MS asks for MORE money - and then sends "UPDATES" that BREAK our computers.

DOES anyone from Microsoft EVEN READ THESE POSTS!!!!?

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

What trash update is this ? Do you guys sleep while working? I updated my windows and i got logged out of Every account i had , lost my account data , half of windows application are not working , it just resets my account everytime i restart. Please don't give trash updates just to show you are active .

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

File explorer is messed up. I can't find my files. For all intensive purpose until I can view and find them they are gone. 

Home 

Version 2004

X64

OS 19041.508

Experience Pack 120.2212.21.0

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i successfully uninstalled KB4571756  and hope that it will stay working.. i have paused any updated that seemed really a waste of time.... why did they not even TEST that???

I'm having a similar issue. My Start Button (and everything that works off it, which includes the action centre) stops working after this is installed. I've tested and it's definitely KB4571756 because uninstalling it fixes the problem. It also caused ASUS Armory Crate to fall over (error in cdp.dll - says the file is incompatible with windows); I hoped uninstalling that would solve the issue, but it didn't.

Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Version 2004

OS build 19041.450

Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

For the moment I've paused updates for 7 days.

P.S. I've checked and the Service Stack Update installed with no problems.

-----

thanks for this.

I' trying to also uninstall mine.... hope it works... no matter what i did, some of the suggestions are not working. uninstalling now.... 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated April 26, 2021 Views 19,443 Applies to: