Cumulative updates - October 2020

This is a summary of the cumulative updates released on October 13th for all the supported consumer releases of Windows 10.

1. Windows 10 version 2004 - KB4579311 Build 19041.572
  2. Windows 10 versions 1903 and 1909 - KB4574727, Build 18362.1139 and 18363.1139
  3. Windows 10 versions 1809 - KB4570333, Build 17763.1518

IMPORTANT Release notes are changing! To learn about the new URL, metadata updates, and more, see What’s next for Windows release notes.

IMPORTANT Windows 10, version 1809, will reach end of service on November 10, 2020 for devices running Windows 10 Home, Pro, Pro for Workstation, and IoT Core editions. These devices will no longer receive monthly security and quality updates that contain protection from the latest security threats. To continue receiving security and quality updates, Microsoft recommends updating to the latest version of Windows 10.

Windows 10 update history

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4529964/windows-10-update-history

Windows 10 release dashboard

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-2004

Windows 10 message center

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/windows-message-center#407

Follow @WindowsUpdate to find out when new content is published to the release information dashboard.

----------------------------------------------

Important: Users posting replies referring to their own websites would be considered as Spam and would be suspended from this community.

(If you have recommended this discussion and are looking for the unsubscribe button, please hit subscribe below, and a dialogue will open with the unsubscribe choice.)

|

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

here I do not find the Bug After I updated Windows 10 Version 20H2 Release Preview Channel. Update installed Successfully. Now My Windows 10 Build 19042,572. But the most tedious thing is waiting for about two hours while being installed until it is 100% complete. before being asked to Restart My Windows 10. Because I'm still using HDD.
That is all.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Reply In reply to deleted message
None of the links provided address my problem. I am running Windows 10, version 1909, OS build 18363.1139. My computer works fine as far as running programs and applications goes. It just stopped communicating with my USB printer, a Brother MFC-6490CW. The printer doesn't turn on when I start my computer and when I submit a print job the document is loaded into the print queue, but never goes to the printer. The 3 patches installed on 10/14/2020 were KB4578974, KB4580325, and KB4577671. One of these caused my problem. I don't know which one. I assume these patches were pushed out by Microsoft for a reason. When this happened in June, I had to uninstall one of the patches pushed out by Microsoft and then search for, download and install a separate patch to get the computer to talk to my printer again. Having Microsoft push out patches that damage my system and impact my small business is immensely frustrating. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sumit:  I am running WIndows 10 Home, 64 bit, version 1909, OS Build 18363.1139. My computer starts up, loads applications and operates fine until I try to print. The printing problem applies to all apps. When I submit a print job, it makes it to the printer's queue (the printer is a Brother MFC-6490CW) but the document never gets sent to the printer. The printer connects to the computer by USB. All of the cables are good. I looked at my update history and I don't see any indication that KB4579311 was installed on 10/14 when I let the updates install. My update history only shows patches KB4578974, KB4580325, and KB4577671 were installed as quality updates on 10/14. No driver or "other" updates show up as being installed on 10/14. The problem must be with one of the 3 "quality" updates that was installed. Which one? When this happened back in June, I had to uninstall one of the updates provided and separately search for, download and install another patch to get my printer working again. The process is immensely frustrating for my small business that relies on having a working printer. I'm using an old laptop that I do not update to drive an equally old printer as a temporary workaround, but that is not a durable solution and requires additional steps to move files between the two computers. Grrrrrrr! 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

From what I have seen and read here and in other discussions there is a problem with update KB4579311. This update is locking up computers either in the initial installing phase or the restart install phase and the only solution is to do a hard shutdown of your computer like I had to do with my wife's Envy. After the hard shut down of my wife's HP Envy laptop I turned the computer back on and it finished installing the other update. When I logged back in I went to Update in settings and the KB4579311 was reinstalling and had no problem this time. This problem needs to be escalated to the engineers to find out why this is going on with this faulty update and MS needs to put a stop to sending out faulty updates to users. It has gotten to the point where I dread every patch Tuesday that comes around and I am now sitting here dreading the 20H2 update and what problems it will cause to mine and my wife's computer after I install it.  MS needs to get it's act together and STOP causing problems with our computers every month with updates. 

Don 

Don

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Bug report

system type: 64-bit operating system, 64x-based processor

version: 1903

Edition: Windows 10 Home

regarding update: KB4577671

Error messages: No reported error messages, fault observed upon installation.

Details of issue

When I unlocked the computer after installation I was met with a blue blank screen which was slightly flickering. I could use keyboard commands to open task manager and noticed wxpaax was using a lot of disk space. When I shut the process down using task manager the desktop appeared and everything functioned as normal. If the computer was restarted the problem would persist. When the update was uninstalled, the problem stopped and when the update was reinstalled the problem returned. The same solution as stated above succeeded in multiple trials in bringing the PC back into working order.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

As per reference:- https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/resolved-issues-windows-10-2004

Exactly! 

For your case it must be the KB4579311. Drivers issues and the manufacturer need to release a newer driver. 

Drivers issues? For the past few weeks users have been bombarded with driver updates either from Intel or the Manufacturer in optional updates. Microsoft took away the ability for us to do a online search for driver updates in Device Manager saying they will now keep drivers updated on our computers.

Don

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have spent several days trying to get my Local Area Network working again.  After upgrade, I could see some of my four computers on some machines; none on two machines. This appears to keep changing every time I turn the machines on. All of the settings are the same as prior to the update to 2004.  Internet sites not of much help.  The built in troubleshooters are totally useless.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So here we go again. The Malware like muck that is Windows Updates forced me to download and install KB4577671 and naturally Windows could not log me in. Fortunately, once again I was able to uninstall this garbage and must wait to see if it has done any damage as in the past like printer disappearance, WiFi disconnection, software disruption etc. Shame on you Microsoft. Your developers, engineers and problem solvers are simply not up to the job. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

manually  download 4579311 and installed after all others and it worked.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My built-in camera no longer working.

If you are having difficulties, please include:

• Microsoft version and build
  •    windows 10 version 2004 build 19041.572
  • Home or Pro
  •     Home
  • 32 bit or 64 bit
  •     64-bit
  • Patch you are installing
  •     KB4579311 was installed 10/14
  • Reported error messages  --> experiencing issues trying to access built-in camera 0xA00F4244

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated April 26, 2021 Views 16,340 Applies to: