Cumulative updates - November 2020

This is a summary of the cumulative updates released on November 10th for all the supported consumer releases of Windows 10.

1. Windows 10 version 2004 and version 20H2 - KB4586781, Build 19041 and 19042.630
  2. Windows 10 versions 1903 and 1909 - KB4586786, Build 18362.1198 and 18363.1198
  3.  Windows 10 1809 - KB4586793, Build  17763.1577

IMPORTANT 

Release notes are changing! To learn about the new URL, metadata updates, and more, see What’s next for Windows release notes.

IMPORTANT 

Windows 10, version 1809, will reach end of service on November 10, 2020 for devices running Windows 10 Home, Pro, Pro for Workstation, and IoT Core editions. These devices will no longer receive monthly security and quality updates that contain protection from the latest security threats. To continue receiving security and quality updates, Microsoft recommends updating to the latest version of Windows 10.

IMPORTANT  

Windows 10, version 1903 will reach end of servicing on December 8, 2020. To continue receiving security and quality updates, Microsoft recommends that you update to the latest version of Windows 10. If you want to update to Windows 10, version 1909, you must use the Enablement Package KB4517245 (EKB). Using the EKB makes updating faster and easier and requires a single restart. For more information, see Windows 10, version 1909 delivery options.

Windows 10 update history

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4529964/windows-10-update-history

Windows 10 release dashboard

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-2004

Windows 10 message center

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/windows-message-center#407

Follow @WindowsUpdate to find out when new content is published to the release information dashboard.

----------------------------------------------

Important: Users posting replies referring to their own websites would be considered as Spam and would be suspended from this community.

(If you have recommended this discussion and are looking for the unsubscribe button, please hit subscribe below, and a dialogue will open with the unsubscribe choice.)

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

hi all:

The cumulative updates for this month is just around the corner. Here is the post regards to the new updates. I will update the post once the update arrive. There are a couple of reminders in the post. Please migrate all issues to my post.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/cumulative-updates-december-2020/f3abd1d1-9dcd-46d1-a4ad-7611d10b20f5?tm=1607444819697

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Your new update of Windows 10 are full of  "****" . I am working with computer when I was 12 years old and now I am 48 years old.

Looks that Covid-19 passed trough your brain and you do not see damage on the Windows systems around globe,

or you are pretending just that you do not understand what we write about it.

When I see mr. Bill Gates here in my country I will tell him in the face about this system destructions from Microsoft.

Shame on you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

hi all:

The cumulative updates for this month is just around the corner. Here is the post regards to the new updates. I will update the post once the update arrive. There are a couple of reminders in the post. Please migrate all issues to my post.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/cumulative-updates-december-2020/f3abd1d1-9dcd-46d1-a4ad-7611d10b20f5?tm=1607444819697

Paul, 

Will this set of updates rectify the issues I been having since the May update if not before?
- Keyboard Issues
- a 3TB HDD refusing to be "seen" and healthy thus had to get a new HDD and probably lost all data on that including personal memories I cant ever get back if not resolved
- A new External HDD with the same issues as above

If not, can you please ask higher management in Microsoft to come on this forum and look at all the issues caused to Microsoft users instead of volunteers covering for them?
This is the 3rd time I have mentioned my particular issues and they are slightly different to software updates but caused directly after restating the system after the updates therefore, it is a software issue and yet not one person either member of volunteer of Microsoft has been able to even help because this is not something that can easily be explained but has been happening since at least May to my system alone. I doubt very much that any reasonable explanation can be given because this was not meant o happen with software updated to the Microsoft updates, was it? 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

HI
I tried to get your initial message out of your trouble but only the last one was on display.
Well now I ask: After downloading your computer for the first time 1? Has Win 7 / Win 8 / Win8.1 been installed. And there were already 2 floppies then. WHEN you converted your device to Win 10 format, were those floppies connected to the hardware then ?.

Ai have to start digging somewhere.

Regasrd Schan

Regards Schan
if helped tell others Mark
Standard disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft sites. The pages seem to provide accurate and secure information. Beware of ads on sites that may promo

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

HI
I tried to get your initial message out of your trouble but only the last one was on display.
Well now I ask: After downloading your computer for the first time 1? Has Win 7 / Win 8 / Win8.1 been installed. And there were already 2 floppies then. WHEN you converted your device to Win 10 format, were those floppies connected to the hardware then ?.

Ai have to start digging somewhere.

Regasrd Schan

Was a new build back in Feb using the Windows 10 official memory stick install. No problems with the system until the May update then issues happened. First the 3TB HDD "failed" when restarting so got a new 500GB HDD and installed same Windows 10 install memory stick onto the new HDD.  The 3TB HDD is still "healthy" from reports just is not being picked up by the system. I tried to follow the instructions to fix windows but the number keys both on the numberpad and normal number keys didnt work and neither did some of the letter keys so trying to input a password with numbers in it was impossible to do and refused to go into safe mode. 

October update and the keyboard started to have issues. They are very intermittent from the number pad working to not working mainly the 1. 4 and 7 keys. 

November update and the external 500GB HDD, which like the 3TB HDD is "Healthy" but not being recognised. I have tried to put it into other
UBS Ports and nothing. As you can see with the screenshots provided, they are still showing up in the Device MGR yet not appearing physically. 

It has really felt like I have been trying so hard to get the posts noticed (4th one today over the past month) with no one willing to help or take on the problem to get it resolved as its gone beyond software updates. 

As I said previously on this, the general public should not be running around to get things like this resolved when it stems from Microsoft updates. Most of us are not technically minded and we should not be chasing up issues like this. Yes, 2020 in general has been a difficult year all round but you do expect issues like software updates to be simple. Never since Win97 have I ever seen so many issues with software updates from Microsoft in less than one year. 

I have several friends who have done remote access to work out how to rectify the situation who's knowledge is superb and yet, they are all confused as to why, mainly, the 3TB HDD and External drive are now not showing up yet the system says they are "Healthy drives".

ImageImageImage

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks all. This month updates are discussed here:

Cumulative Updates - December 2020 - Microsoft Community

Sumit
Volunteer Moderator- Microsoft Community

Mark the reply as helpful or answered to help others if your query is resolved

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated February 1, 2021 Views 13,510 Applies to: