Cumulative updates - February 11th 2020

Changelog for Cumulative updates released on Feb 11th 2020 are as under:

1. Windows 10 1903 and 1909 KB4532693 (OS Builds 18362.657 and 18363.657) 
  2. Windows 10 version 1809KB4532691 (OS Build 17763.1039)*

Servicing Stack update for Windows 10 1903 and 1909

Before installing this update, you would be offered KB4538674 which is the latest servicing stack update. If one wants to install the cumulative update manually, installing KB4538674 is strongly recommended. 

Direct Download links

• KB4532693 32-bit update can be downloaded using this link and 64-bit can be downloaded from this.
  • For KB4532691, 32-bit link is here and the 64-bit link is here.

Servicing Stack Update KB4538674 for Windows 10 1903 and 1909

Windows 10 update history

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4529964/windows-10-update-history

Windows 10 release dashboard

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-1903

Follow @WindowsUpdate to find out when new content is published to the release information dashboard.

*Support for Windows 10 version 1809 ends  May 12, 2020.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 02/22/2020:

Additional Information for users hitting temporary profile issue on 21/02/2020:

Microsoft is aware of some customers logging into temporary profile after installing KB4532693, on both versions 1903 and 1909.

• Rebooting into Safe Mode* and then starting back in normal Mode should resolve this issue for most customers.
  • You may uninstall any secure banking software or anti-virus in the temporary profile which may resolve this if the above steps do not help.

*To boot into Safe mode, Click Shift+Restart button on the login screen, select Advanced options>Startup Settings>Select 1 for the booting to safe mode. Restarting the computer should start the computer in normal mode. For booting into Safe mode, you would be asked for a password instead of a PIN if you have set.

Your Feedback is highly encouraged as it helps Microsoft in identifying the root cause.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have Windows 10 Home on an HP Pavilion Desktop and all these updates install just fine. Never any issues. Which is surprising considering I bought it almost three years ago and it was refurbished even then.

So what interests ME is what is the common denominator in these devices (whether laptop or otherwise) that is contributing to these problems. It is not that the updates are ipso facto "Buggy" but they are "Buggy" only on SOME devices.

Yes it is extremely frustrating when things aren't working right. No one knows that better than me. I'll be turning 70 in  few months and my whole dang BODY is falling apart, My hearts wonky, my arthritis just keeps getting worse seems like every year---and there are other things.

But why is this? It doesn't happen to EVERYONE my age so what did I do that contributed to my experience of the aging process. Could it have been smoking 4 packs a day since I was 16 for a total of 52 years? (I quit two years ago come next April). Mmmmm....COULD BE! Also drinking, using recreational drugs, and generally acting like a flower child who has her heart set on ending as a blooming idiot.

Well, I have stopped ALL of that but there are still consequences.

And the same is true of computers and updates, Different manufacturers tweak their devices in various ways. Some less update friendly than others. Dell and Lenovo are almost famous for their history in this regard, Windows 10 "S" has similarly been known to create issues, So has various third party software such as registry cleaners and antivirus programs.

How's about y'all start comparing notes to see what you have in COMMON (apart from all using Microsoft Products) that may be causing issues and then contact Windows Engineers with what you have discovered at https://community.windows.com/en-us/ so that THEY can figure out the solutions?

I went from 1903 to 1909 and now the sound is gone!

I experience this problem before with earlier updates....plz fix it...again!

Hi Guys,

My deepest thanks for the info n advice here. Just uninstalled the update and all is well. I have suspended updates until 6th March and would appreciate your advice if any of you manage to get this up and running correctly.

It stopped me signing into Windows

Made all my programs disappear from the Desktop, Taskbar and Quick Start.

Removed my Personal settings Wallpaper.

Would not permit System Restore to work

My keyboard changed

Stopped a multitude of my programs working including email. eM Client and browser Firefox.

As others have already stated all the programs I managed to get up and running failed as soon as I restarted due to the temporary status.

BitDefender seemed unaffected.

My stress levels were nearly off the scale.

Microsoft really need to get their act together. Unlike me many would be extremely dependent on a working system.

Again My Thanks

hitbit_3

Hi, I was trying to install docker hyper-v today and I noticed that whenever I attempted to enable the hyper-v feature it gave me this error: x80073701

Coincidentally, whenever I try to install this cumulative update  (KB4532693), it installs up to 100% and then fails and give me the same error code (x80073701). Among all the other problems that this update has apparently caused for other users I won't be able to experience because this cumulative update will not install, not only that but also it won't allow me to add any features such as hyper-v, because it's stuck. What happens when there's an important security update, will that fail too? I currently have windows 10 pro edition (recently upgraded from home -> education -> pro) and it's incredibly frustrating that this has blocked me from installing docker hyper-v. Please tell me what I need to do, I've tried a few generic fixes from searching "cumulative update will not install" on Google and none have worked for me so far.

Thanks

Hey Delos you've come this far...why quit the smokes ? Its plain torture babe! Not a day goes by that i don't want a smoke and it has been 9 years for me. I deliberately walk through a cloud of cig smoke just to inhale its glorious aroma. I watched a doc featuring Gordon Lightfoot puffing away before going on stage...and he's 82 !  To each his own i guess. As for the topic, i think the fly in the ointment is various Anti virus programs !! My brothers update went fine and he runs Kapersky whereas I run BitDefender.

There ya go....pass it on. Ell

This update destroyed my machine.  All I get now is a blue screen saying that it's going to restart, it try's to restart but then gets the blue screen saying it needs to restart.

Thanks Wayne - Feedback escalated to the appropriate team. 

For all customers seeing different kind of issues - Feedback Hub is the way to go. More error reports, more early it gets fixed.

Sumit

Windows Insider MVP 2018-current and Moderator
Dell Inspiron 5590 - i5 10210U/12GB DDR4/ 4GB Nvidia MX230/ 512GB nvme
https://www.yourwindowsguide.com

Thankyou microsoft for the latest updates which totally wiped all settings from my system on each start up. 

everything reverted to basic settings.

all my programme information and settings were also deleted from every programme on my system

several apps were deleted completely

keyboard settings, language  screen res everything gone.

updates now turned off 

Have just found this update to be the cause of issues within a well known accounts package.  After update was applied, buttons, and data completly dissapeared from said application.  After clicking in the areas where data were supposed to be, the information would appear as if the GPU was not drawing the information and by clicking,  would refresh the visual data within the app.  If the app was windowed or moved, the data/buttons would dissapear again.

Removed this update and the application is back to normal fuctionality.  Another morning wasted.

Hi,

I have same problem after installation of KB4532691. I tried to install KB4538674as you're recommending but this update is said to be not compatible with my PC. Any alternative solution?

Thanks,

Changelog for Cumulative updates released on Feb 11th 2020 are as under:

1. Windows 10 1903 and 1909 KB4532693 (OS Builds 18362.657 and 18363.657) 
  2. Windows 10 version 1809KB4532691 (OS Build 17763.1039)*

Servicing Stack update for Windows 10 1903 and 1909

Before installing this update, you would be offered KB4538674 which is the latest servicing stack update. If one wants to install the cumulative update manually, installing KB4538674 is strongly recommended. 

Direct Download links

• KB4532693 32-bit update can be downloaded using this link and 64-bit can be downloaded from this.
  • For KB4532691, 32-bit link is here and the 64-bit link is here.

Servicing Stack Update KB4538674 for Windows 10 1903 and 1909

Windows 10 update history

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4529964/windows-10-update-history

Windows 10 release dashboard

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-1903

Follow @WindowsUpdate to find out when new content is published to the release information dashboard.

*Support for Windows 10 version 1809 ends  May 12, 2020.

Discussion Info

Last updated October 27, 2020 Views 37,414 Applies to: