Cumulative updates - February 11th 2020

Changelog for Cumulative updates released on Feb 11th 2020 are as under:

1. Windows 10 1903 and 1909 KB4532693 (OS Builds 18362.657 and 18363.657) 
  2. Windows 10 version 1809KB4532691 (OS Build 17763.1039)*

Servicing Stack update for Windows 10 1903 and 1909

Before installing this update, you would be offered KB4538674 which is the latest servicing stack update. If one wants to install the cumulative update manually, installing KB4538674 is strongly recommended. 

Direct Download links

• KB4532693 32-bit update can be downloaded using this link and 64-bit can be downloaded from this.
  • For KB4532691, 32-bit link is here and the 64-bit link is here.

Servicing Stack Update KB4538674 for Windows 10 1903 and 1909

Windows 10 update history

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4529964/windows-10-update-history

Windows 10 release dashboard

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-1903

Follow @WindowsUpdate to find out when new content is published to the release information dashboard.

*Support for Windows 10 version 1809 ends  May 12, 2020.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 02/22/2020:

Additional Information for users hitting temporary profile issue on 21/02/2020:

Microsoft is aware of some customers logging into temporary profile after installing KB4532693, on both versions 1903 and 1909.

• Rebooting into Safe Mode* and then starting back in normal Mode should resolve this issue for most customers.
  • You may uninstall any secure banking software or anti-virus in the temporary profile which may resolve this if the above steps do not help.

*To boot into Safe mode, Click Shift+Restart button on the login screen, select Advanced options>Startup Settings>Select 1 for the booting to safe mode. Restarting the computer should start the computer in normal mode. For booting into Safe mode, you would be asked for a password instead of a PIN if you have set.

Your Feedback is highly encouraged as it helps Microsoft in identifying the root cause.

Discussion Info

Last updated February 26, 2020 Views 22,677 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

@all those hitting different kinds of issues, please log feedback in the Hub and share a link with us. We would escalate this.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4021566/windows-10-send-feedback-to-microsoft-with-feedback-hub-app

To share the Feedback you posted, please see this tutorial:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/130174-share-feedback-feedback-hub-windows-10-a.html

Feedback would appear under my feedback in a couple of minutes.

Sumit
Windows Insider MVP 2018-2021 and Volunteer Moderator

Dell Inspiron 5590 - i5 10210U/12GB DDR4/ 4GB Nvidia MX230/ 512GB nvme

Hello.  Sorry to post a random question here, but a bit new at this.  Just installed the latest Feb 2020 Windows 10 updates.  Upon completion it appears to have reset the display to default windows system.  That is, all custom icons missing, background returned to windows logo, would not recognise my logon, set a temp logon.

I had to uninstall the latest updates to return to previous good operation and display.  Any ideas?  FYI.  Two of my neighbors had the same issue and we had to uninstall this update.

Thank you for your time and support.

Wayne

You are right it is happening to few users also it's not happening for the first time some of the users have faced this issue in previous updates.

I think it is Microsoft issue not your computer issue

Regards,

Arslan iftikhar

Every block of stone has a statue inside it and it is the task of the sculptor to discover it.

By any chance, are any of the afflicted machines running Avira or AVG?

It's been implicated in the bug.

02-11-20 update trashed my surface today. What should I do?
No.  One machine had Kaspersky and the other had McAfee

"Does Microsoft even test these updates before they push them out"?

Sure they do... It worked on one old i3 with a 250 gb hd and 4gb ram - GOOD ENOUGH !!!

I just posted to the feedback hub.  Please advise what further detail information is needed.

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

Thank you. Can you please post the feedback link so that I can escalate this?

Here is a GIF to do the same - Open Feedback Hub first.

Click Paste in the next reply after you have copied the link.

Sumit
Windows Insider MVP 2018-2021 and Volunteer Moderator

Dell Inspiron 5590 - i5 10210U/12GB DDR4/ 4GB Nvidia MX230/ 512GB nvme

TL;DR: Create a new local administrator account - Log in to that account - Fix the permissions of the original account's home folder - Restart - Log in to your original account

Same thing happened to me yesterday, after installing the latest updates and restarting, logging in to my account only led to a temp account with all settings reset to default (resolution, wallpaper, icons, edge account, etc) and a popup message "We can't sign in to your account" and that I should log in and out to resolve the problem as I would lose any data created while not being properly logged in. Doing that did not help, neither did restarting the machine or booting into safe mode or trying startup repair.

As most of the steps I tried came from this article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027881/windows-10-we-cant-sign-in-to-your-account and I had tried them all up to moving to a new account, I decided that I had to indeed create a new account, copy my data over from my old one (that is non-system folders only) and manually change all the settings to how they were in my old account.

So I created a new administrator account after following the instructions from a link of the above article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-account

After logging in to this new local administrator account and trying to access the old account's folder to move the contents, I was denied access with an error message to continue in order to gain access (it is the one that has to do with wrong security permissions/ownership of the folder).

After clicking continue and waiting for a while, the folder opened with all of the account's contents intact.

Before continuing with the transition to the newly created account, I decided to give it a shot and restart just in case it was this permissions problem causing the account not to load correctly.

After restarting the original account loaded again without any problems.

So I just deleted the newly created local administrator account and Windows is back again to how it was before.

Hope this helps!

P.S.: The problem appeared on my laptop, my desktop did not have any problems with this update.

Thanks fir the details but to create an account i have to have access to the PC but it wont boot up ! I get messages on the blank screen such as “attempting to repair” or Errors have occurred” Tried advanced mode setting which i selected from a small menu. Same priblem when restarting. Im going to take the bix to my Geek Squad to get my machine sorted. Ell