Cumulative updates - February 11th 2020

Changelog for Cumulative updates released on Feb 11th 2020 are as under:

1. Windows 10 1903 and 1909 KB4532693 (OS Builds 18362.657 and 18363.657) 
  2. Windows 10 version 1809KB4532691 (OS Build 17763.1039)*

Servicing Stack update for Windows 10 1903 and 1909

Before installing this update, you would be offered KB4538674 which is the latest servicing stack update. If one wants to install the cumulative update manually, installing KB4538674 is strongly recommended. 

Direct Download links

• KB4532693 32-bit update can be downloaded using this link and 64-bit can be downloaded from this.
  • For KB4532691, 32-bit link is here and the 64-bit link is here.

Servicing Stack Update KB4538674 for Windows 10 1903 and 1909

Windows 10 update history

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4529964/windows-10-update-history

Windows 10 release dashboard

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-1903

Follow @WindowsUpdate to find out when new content is published to the release information dashboard.

*Support for Windows 10 version 1809 ends  May 12, 2020.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 02/22/2020:

Additional Information for users hitting temporary profile issue on 21/02/2020:

Microsoft is aware of some customers logging into temporary profile after installing KB4532693, on both versions 1903 and 1909.

• Rebooting into Safe Mode* and then starting back in normal Mode should resolve this issue for most customers.
  • You may uninstall any secure banking software or anti-virus in the temporary profile which may resolve this if the above steps do not help.

*To boot into Safe mode, Click Shift+Restart button on the login screen, select Advanced options>Startup Settings>Select 1 for the booting to safe mode. Restarting the computer should start the computer in normal mode. For booting into Safe mode, you would be asked for a password instead of a PIN if you have set.

Your Feedback is highly encouraged as it helps Microsoft in identifying the root cause.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Count yourself lucky to have a temporary account.  My Surface Pro 7 lost everything, as it's gone and there are no extra user accounts.  It will take two days to put it back to something I might want to use.
No way in hell will I install more Microsoft buggy crp to resolve Microsoft bugs.

https://aka.ms/AA7b3hg

Hope this helps

This is the second update in a row that has stopped my computer even booting. There have been so many issues with Windows 10 updates since launch, but none of them have bricked my machine until this year. 

February's update ended my "normal" computer use,  Now, this is what happened:

The taskbar is empty of all my links.  The few links on the desktop are too small.

My desktop background picture disappeared and has been replaced by MS blue windows.

All my Favorites in Windows Explorer have disappeared.  The taskbar link is gone too.

All folders, email accounts and favorites are gone from Windows Live Mail.

I understand KB4532693 may have been installed to cause this drastic change,

Can I go back and uninstall it? How do I get all my old email messages back?

Microsoft wants me to use Edge and Mail instead of the older ones I preferred to use.

Before I revert to my "older" version of Windows 10, what should I try first ??

I assume Sumit has this in his inbox.  His suggestion was to post on "Feedback Hub".

Windows Key and F key open the hub.  Then share it with Sumit, he will escalate from there.  Anyway that is what I have done.  See previous posts for gif and instructions.

I have only seen destruction no solutions at this time.

The only recovery option open for me was to go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery (left side of screen) > Restart Now > Troubleshoot and follow instructions to remove update (you have 2 choices)  I did not choose the feature selection.  I postponed any updates for 2 weeks, I think you can go for a month to postpone updates.   We can hope somebody will resolve by then.  This is not an isolated one person issue.

Sorry, that is about all I have.  Just a poor user like yourself.

Some users of Surface have no temporary accounts, and no restore points. Their data is gone.  Let me be the first to say it's so.

I have just spent 5 hours trying to resolve this issue but to no avail. I have tried restoring system. Windows has forced me to change my password n codes and still it cant log into my account. I will now try to uninstall as suggested here

Thanks

Martin

Yes.  I spent all Tuesday evening trying to make the "upgrade" work.  I could never get around the temp account, but I could see my own original account.  Never even got to restoring the lost icons, etc.

I just gave up and uninstalled the upgrade.  Had to do this on 2 machines.

I now use Acronis to backup the partition/disk drive first since (double safe if a remove the latest upgrade does not work) not even a system restore point worked.

Sad but true.

I was on the phone with Microsoft for 4 hours.  Surface Pro 7 about 2 months old.  There's no user data, no temporary account, no restore points.  Uninstalling the update didn't work because my user data is gone.  Microsoft is calling in the morning because they think my personal services are free.   I know the only option is to flatten the Surface and start over, like Groundhog Day the movie.  I have two desktops upgraded from Windows 7 that survived, if that helps.

Discussion Info

Last updated September 19, 2020 Views 36,867 Applies to: