Cumulative Updates - December 2020

This is a summary of the cumulative updates released on December 8th for all the supported consumer releases of Windows 10. This is the last release for Windows 10 1903 Home and Pro editons.

1. Windows 10 version 2004 and version 20H2 - KB4592438, Build 19041.685 and 19042.685
  2. Windows 10 versions 1903 and 1909 - KB4592449, Build 18362.1256 and 18363.1256

NEW 12/8/20

IMPORTANT Adobe Flash Player will go out of support on December 31, 2020. For more information, see Adobe Flash end of support on December 31, 2020. Flash content will be blocked from running in Flash Player beginning January 12, 2021. For more information, see Adobe Flash Player EOL General Information Page.

UPDATED 12/8/20

REMINDER Windows 10, version 1903 has reached end of servicing as of this release dated December 8, 2020. To continue receiving security and quality updates, Microsoft recommends that you update to the latest version of Windows 10. If you want to update to Windows 10, version 1909, you must use the Enablement Package KB4517245 (EKB). Using the EKB makes updating faster and easier and requires a single restart. For more information, see Windows 10, version 1909 delivery options.

11/17/20

For information about Windows update terminology, see the article about the types of Windows updates and the monthly quality update types. To view other notes and messages, see the Windows 10, version 1903 update history home page.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows 10 update history

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4529964/windows-10-update-history

Windows 10 release dashboard

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-2004

Windows 10 message center

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/windows-message-center#407

Follow @WindowsUpdate to find out when new content is published to the release information dashboard.

----------------------------------------------

Important: Users posting replies referring to their own websites would be considered as Spam and would be suspended from this community.

(If you have recommended this discussion and are looking for the unsubscribe button, please hit subscribe below, and a dialogue will open with the unsubscribe choice.)

Happy Holidays to everyone!

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Wow.. that seems a counsel of perfection.. for us non professionels, backup is a very inconvenient process.. and takes time. You don't actually know that Windows is going to update until you switch your computer off and get the updating percentage screen!

As I have said before, for many of us, this is a consumer product and should be failsafe... No users should be having problems with their important files!

As for my bios.. this is a homebuild as I use Dragon speech recognition which requires to be as electically silent as possible.. but built on a Gigabyte MB and to highest specs. I have not checked right through the BIOS but I had set it to wake with number pad enabled... and keyboard activation... both of which I have lost... even though I have rolled back to the previous good version.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thank you. Not quite what I have experienced as the system broke during the update and I did not try to do any disk maintainance. But checking back it appears that the update in the summer did the same thing.

This is very bad.. Microsoft should not be breaking our computers like this. My dad is 99.. he has all his marbles but no way he could have sorted this out without me going over and doing it for him.. and, with Covid.. I don't like actually interfereing with his keyboard.. which I have disinfected. Ther are a lot like him who will not have a clue how to sort this out... and if they cannot get their computers started, how are they going to receive the updated version?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am totally more than agreed what you have said. 

As end an user like myself. I too had a similar issues with Windows 10. (In fact since Windows 8. And Windows 8.1)

Well, the thing is that, many microsoft software engineers have lay off many many years ago. And we as end users deeply missed their service. 

I had smiliar issues when my laptop keyboard are no longer recognised when install the latest updates. Unexpected things to happen without my knowledge. 

I have to feedback the matter with the Microsoft Feedback Hub on these. 

I have to rolled back to the previous Windows 10 build while doing beta testing. 

You can check the troubleshooting from this site.

https://windowsreport.com/category/fix/peripherals/

And some times it just so happen that it does not work at all. 

You can view troubleshooting techniques with Windows 10 via Youtube Channels. To find for answers. 

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

HI

mrdbeta
  • Command prompt   : chkdsk /f

After that, W10 works or not,
The old one does not work by force.

But who will determine it when the age of use comes?
When the functions get more speed and the old bottom / components do not have that speed.
Or laptops never have condensers cleaned on the inside and the fan screams full. This 1 tips service device.

Regards Schan
if helped tell others Mark
Standard disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft sites. The pages seem to provide accurate and secure information. Beware of ads on sites that may promo

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, recently the update got me (in case, end of the 31/12 day), my pc freezes, goes no video (and no functional) and I have to restart forcefully every time, I've lost my reboot count Saturday. Is anyone having the same problem?

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes. Ive tried re install windows and uninstalling the updates. My system is stable but it still crashes whenever i launch any game. It full freezes and I have to force restart as well.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Last weekend i installed my system couple of times too. First it went ok and i almost had my things organissed how i wanted, and soon bluescreen informing that something critical happened, have to restart, then it started to restart but then it said that critical error has occured that some prosess (no any idea what, it didnt inform) has died and blaablaa... Then comes the troubleshoot, i tried all what i could but nothing and wasnt able to get back to windows anyhow. Then the other time i lost suddendly video from my mainscreen after updates at the start, and it moved my video to the secondary screen which is connected to the motherboard. And nothing didnt get it back to the mainscreen behind videocard. But now have managed to go couple of days.. knock knock.. But i dont feel comfortable with windows at all anymore.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated February 23, 2021 Views 8,500 Applies to: