Cumulative updates caused USB device errors

Hi all,

So day before yesterday my laptop received a couple of cumulative updates KB4560960 and KB4561600 which I installed right away. Since the installation of both the updates I have also acknowledged some major problems.

NOTE: I have not received the May 2020 update as my laptop is not compatible.

1. My USB driver for 1 USB 2.0 has started malfunctioning as I can hear the connect and disconnect audio notification but the USB device is not recognized by the windows. Now I am laptop user and I carry a bunch of stuff with me at all the times and if the USB driver fails then it is a major issue for me

2. Secondly, and this is something very major is the network connectivity issue, since installation my network drivers are also failing and even though it will show me as connected still I cannot access internet and it seems it does not work. If I try to disconnect and reconnect then it won't connect at all.

As far as I know Microsoft has acknowledged the network problem but still have not released any update to overcome the issue. For my case I uninstalled the cumulative update KB4560960 and my network problem got resolved but my USB driver is still not functioning. Just to make sure that my hardware does not have a problem I tried multiple things to connect but no luck. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall driver through device management but still facing the issue.

I cannot reinstall windows 10 as due to this pandemic I have to rely completely on my laptop and it would cause me major issue to reinstall windows.

Please help !!!!

PS: Thankyou all in advance for helping me out and I know for sure my USB port is working.

Good Day,

Likewise, my Dell E6230 tablet has stopped recognising my Brother MFC-J265W printer since the cumulative update KB4560960. I have spent 6 days solid in frustration. It appears that Microsoft has dispatched a trojan horse to sabotage printing and the device management will not allow me to uninstall the curse!.

Can anyone help?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Well looks like they are too busy to listen to the complains, I am still having the issue and these guys do not care even if you explain it so briefly.

For now the only solution that I got was to buy a usb 3.0 hub and use it.

Great Microsoft appreciate for absolutely not helping with the bugs that your updates caused and this is not the first time your updates have killed some basic functionality of the computers.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 30, 2021 Views 177 Applies to: