Crossmatch Digital Persona 4500 set up with win 10 home

I have attached Crossmatch Digital Persona 4500 fingerprint reader with my Dell XPS running win 10. I have installed driver version 4.0.0.143 and the device detected on Device Manager. But there is no option for Windows Hello under sign in option. Previously someone in the community advised me to install  Digital Persona password manager 1.0 and I did so. But all in vain. I am using a different antivirus rather than windows defender. Is that a criteria of not showing Windows Hello? Pls help to log in with fingerprint reader.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better I would like to know whether you had used this feature in the computer before or are you using the feature for the first time.

If you have a recent model laptop with a fingerprint reader, you can setup Windows Hello to log in to Windows using your fingerprint.

To do this, you’ll first need to set up a PIN to logon.

Here are the steps:

1. Go to Settings, then to Accounts, click on Sign-in options. If you have a supported device, you’ll see the Windows Hello option. As you can see, It is required to first setup a PIN before the Setup button is activated.

2. To setup a PIN, you will need to login to Windows 10 with a Microsoft Account and add your PIN to your MSA profile. Enter your password in the field provided and then select Sign In.

3. Next, you need to set up a PIN and confirm it. Then select OK.

4. Next, select Set up under Windows Hello.

5. Select Get started.

6. Run your finger over the fingerprint scanner until the setup app reports completed. You can now optional add more/different fingers.

7. When you restart, you will be able to select Sign in Options and then sign in using your fingerprint.

If you have installed any third party Security application, I would suggest you to disable it temporarily.

Important Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 13, 2020 Views 998 Applies to: