Critical Process died

I received this message and tried to restart my computer but it goes into automatic repair every time, then I went to advanced repair options "Troubleshoot" tried to reset PC but it would not ..went to advanced options tried startup repair ..it could not fix then tried startup settings to restart in safe mode "number 4" but it just comes up with blue window saying "Critcal process died" and tries to restart computer for me  which takes me back to Diagnosing your PC and it tells me my PC did not start correctly ..completely frustrated ... I'm using the free upgrade in Windows 10 ..computer is a HP P7 -1235 with 8GB ram..

Please help !!!

Question Info

Last updated August 21, 2019 Views 3,074 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Kem Mon

Want to thank you for all your help ..finally found out what the " Critical Process Died" problem was ..used the Diagnostic F2 with the HP and ran memory test ..Passed ran the Long DST .."Failed" submitted the ID failure numbers to HP and they told me my hard drive is pooching out needs replacing ..

Again Thanks for your assistance and patience ..

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi, 

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, it is possible that there is a corrupted system file that is causing the issue or applications that are running in the background that complicates the startup process. We suggest that you try performing these methods of troubleshooting steps to fix this matter:

Method 1: Run SFC Scan.    

To run an SFC scan, follow these steps:    

1. Run Command Prompt as Administrator.    

2. Type sfc /scannow and hit Enter.     

Method 2: Run DISM Tool.    

After running the SFC scan and the issue still persist, run the DISM to check the system health and to try restoring or fix any corrupted files. To run the DISM tool, follow these steps:    

1. Run Command Prompt as Administrator.    

2. Type the following command:    

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth    

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth    

NOTE: This might take a while to finish scanning. Do not cancel.   

Method 3: Clean Boot.  

To perform a Clean Boot, click here 

Note: Reset the computer back to Normal Mode once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" from the same article. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Regards.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.