Counter Strike 1.6 (Game) Windows 10 Fall Creators Update mouse problem.

Hello,

I still play CS 1.6 with my buddies and have been using Win10 ever since its launch and haven't faced a single issue till now. Since CS1.6 is all about rapid tap-firing, it was all well and good until the Fall Creators Update (FCU from now) dropped. The FCU is said to have "fixed" a mouse raw input bug that people had and complained about in many games including CSGO (I personally haven't faced any). But ever since this update I can't tap-fire in CS1.6 anymore- it causes my gun to start spraying (means the button gets locked and the firing becomes automatic) after the second tap, even if I stop pressing MouseButton1 and sometimes causes sudden weird movements to the right/left/up/down. I have tried many in-game commands and launch commands but nothing has worked. I tried almost everything, including resetting pc, but in vain. i updated mouse drivers, installed cs in another drive, used installed file of my friend, etc.

We have an upcoming tournament in my College and I'd really appreciate a fast solution if any.

Thank you in advance

P.S- I am sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum/site. I am out of wits about what to do and this place is the last hope for me.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have the same problem: https://answers.microsoft.com/ru-ru/windows/forum/games_windows_10/%D0%B8%D1%81%D0%BF%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BB/6aede0c0-9ac7-439d-9aec-65d70b6470e5

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

A compatibility issue is on the possible reasons why you are having issues with Counter Strike 1.6 after the latest update. To help you resolve this concern, we recommend that you perform the solutions below:

Solution 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Solution 2: Run the compatibility troubleshooter. To do this, kindly follow the steps below:

1. Press and hold (or right-click) the program.
  2. Select Properties, and then select the Compatibility tab.

If the issue persists, we highly recommend getting in touch with the game developer to check if the game is calculated with the new OS version.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

A compatibility issue is on the possible reasons why you are having issues with Counter Strike 1.6 after the latest update. To help you resolve this concern, we recommend that you perform the solutions below:

Solution 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Solution 2: Run the compatibility troubleshooter. To do this, kindly follow the steps below:

1. Press and hold (or right-click) the program.
  2. Select Properties, and then select the Compatibility tab.

If the issue persists, we highly recommend getting in touch with the game developer to check if the game is calculated with the new OS version.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Sorry to say that but i have already tried compatibility setting and even launched troubleshooter. Found no change. And this problem is occurring only with mousebutton1 (left). If i bind the same functionality with any keyboard button like Enter, then it is working perfectly fine while pressing the keyboard button. I guess there is some issue with mouse driver or how game should interact with mouse driver. 

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Have the same issue. 

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the update and for performing the troubleshooting steps provided above. If this is an issue with the mouse driver, we would highly recommend contacting your computer manufacturer for any updates for the mouse driver.

For additional steps, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.

2. Select System.

3. Select Apps and features.

4. Find the game and click Advanced options.

5. Click Reset.  You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect. 

Should you need further assistance, feel free to contact us anytime.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the update and for performing the troubleshooting steps provided above. If this is an issue with the mouse driver, we would highly recommend contacting your computer manufacturer for any updates for the mouse driver.

For additional steps, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

Reset the game from the Settings menu.

2. Select System.

3. Select Apps and features.

4. Find the game and click Advanced options.

5. Click Reset.  You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect. 

Should you need further assistance, feel free to contact us anytime.

i cannot find 'advance' option in this game (see the screenshot attached, it says unavailable). now what should i do?

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the update and for the additional information. To further isolate the issue, kindly try the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

2. Select System.
  3. Select Storage.
  4. Select This PC.
  5. Click Temporary files.
  6. Choose Temporary files.
  7. Click Remove files.

Step 2: Rollback drivers.

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then type Device Manager in the search box.
  2. Hit Enter.
  3. Right-click the device for which you want to roll back to the previous version of the driver, and then click Properties.
  4. Click the Drivers tab.
  5. Click Roll Back Driver.
  6. In the Driver Package rollback dialog box, click Yes.

If the issue persists after performing the steps above, we recommend that you get in touch with the game developer for further troubleshooting steps.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the update and for the additional information. To further isolate the issue, kindly try the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

2. Select System.
  3. Select Storage.
  4. Select This PC.
  5. Click Temporary files.
  6. Choose Temporary files.
  7. Click Remove files.

Step 2: Rollback drivers.

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then type Device Manager in the search box.
  2. Hit Enter.
  3. Right-click the device for which you want to roll back to the previous version of the driver, and then click Properties.
  4. Click the Drivers tab.
  5. Click Roll Back Driver.
  6. In the Driver Package rollback dialog box, click Yes.

If the issue persists after performing the steps above, we recommend that you get in touch with the game developer for further troubleshooting steps.

Unfortunately, this also didn't worked. now i am out of hope. i do not want to revert my windows to previous version just because of some stupid mouse problem. All i can do now is to wait for Microsoft to release any future patch for this issue.

Thank you.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for trying all the possible solutions that we have provided. We respect your opinion and feedback, we recommend that you send us a suggestions and feedback regarding this matter using our feedback hub. To do this, you may refer to the link below:

Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

While going through some forums, i found something:

"This was a glitch caused by the complete rework of the input stack (the driver stack dealing with all input, mouse/keyboards/gamepads/etc) that was implemented in the Creator's Update. It was a kernel level issue that impacted all input devices regardless of game or settings. The glitch impacted the precise behavior of mouse input even with rawinput enabled while completely destroying any possibility of rawinput off in CSGO and other games."

(pls refer : https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/6nd09p/creators_update_mouse_fix/ )

According to this post, this is kernel level problem and this problem is occurring in many games.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 3, 2023 Views 14,927 Applies to: