Connectivity Issues with Games but Not Web Browsing

Hello,

I started having an issue with my games recently. I have had this laptop for almost a year, and have used it for personal activities, college, and gaming. Here I will describe what exactly happens.

I have played games on this laptop such as Valorant, Minecraft, CS:GO, League of Legends, and Half-Life.

I load up Valorant, only to be met with a page that tells me that I have to restart the game client. I restarted multiple times, but it still says the same thing.

The next day, it loads up fine with no problems. But in the next few days, the problem returns and hasn't gone away since. 

I go to check if the same happens for my other games, and it does. CS:GO, Half-Life, and LoL have the same connectivity issues, with Minecraft being the only exception.

What is weird is that my browsers such as Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge work perfectly fine. It seems to only be my games. 

The solutions I have tried:

- Recovery Mode (Keeping Files)

- Recovery Mode (Erasing Everything)

- Updating Network Drivers

- Uninstalling and Installing Network Drivers

- Uninstalling and Installing Games

Those are the solutions I have tried, but they all fail for my games. 

Below are my specs. If there is anything else you need, I can provide more information.

Please, help me fix this.

Thank you so much for your time!

Good day! I am Independent Advisor Paul R. and also a Microsoft/Windows user like you and I am glad to be able to provide assistance to you today. I understand that you are having connectivity issues when playing games on your machine.
I would just like to double check a couple of info about the issue.

What is the speed of your internet connection?
Have you reported this issue to your ISP?
Are you connecting via LAN or via WiFi?
How many users/devices are connected when you try to play or when you are playing the game?
Have you done an isolation test in which only your PC is connected to the router and check if there will still be connectivity issues?

Regards,
Paul R.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Good day! I am Independent Advisor Paul R. and also a Microsoft/Windows user like you and I am glad to be able to provide assistance to you today. I understand that you are having connectivity issues when playing games on your machine.
I would just like to double check a couple of info about the issue.

What is the speed of your internet connection?
Have you reported this issue to your ISP?
Are you connecting via LAN or via WiFi?
How many users/devices are connected when you try to play or when you are playing the game?
Have you done an isolation test in which only your PC is connected to the router and check if there will still be connectivity issues?

Regards,
Paul R.

Hello!

I do not know the speed, but I know that its a decent speed.

We have a good amount of devices connected, but it has never been a problem until recently. It seems that my laptop is the only one having this problem.

I am connected via wifi

Like stated, there are quite a good number of devices connected, but it hasn't been a problem even before my connectivity issue

I have not tried it but there have been times where I was the only one using the WiFi and still had the issue.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 30, 2021 Views 27 Applies to: