Connecting to the Internet Causes BSOD/CRASH

Okay i have had the BSOD 0x000000F4 so it was something to do with memory so i did all the hardware tests, checked my ram sticks, reseated them. it turns out they work, i removed my GPU to see if that was the problem it was no i switch it into different slots and it still works. Checked my SSD that works fine i use that exclusively for my OS and Drivers. Checked my mechanical drive, works. checked CPU works, and motherboard works and of course my computer turns on so it works. well i have network card adapter, it also works exactly as it should it connects me to the internet. 

Well since i established it was a software issue i tried updating the drivers, they were already updated. but the BSOD got so bad i couldn't get onto my computer so i formatted and reinstalled my Windows 7 home premium operating system. it installed okay i put in my PC build's CD drivers and installed all of them, i then went to connect to my internet and then it crashes/BSOD's.

Now this happens even if i am idling doing nothing it wil take anytime from instantly connecting to crash/BSOD or several minutes. i have since used the laptop (what i am using to write this) to download the updates from the manufacturers sites and i updated the computers drivers and then it still happened. what else lets me know that it is software is that it is stable until i connect to the internet. 

I took the PC into college last Thursday and connected it to the internet and it seemed to work. so i am kind of lost. how can't i connect to the internet and last thursday i connect onto the college network note i have multiple devices connected to the internet on a regular basis at my house so the problem would effect every device if it was the router.

Note, downloading anything from the internet instantly causes the blue screen including Windows update.

This video i found on youtube shows what happens with my computer: http://youtu.be/gGInG7XlyM8
Any help will be appreciated 

Question Info

Last updated August 19, 2019 Views 1,784 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

In order to assist you, we will need the DMP files to analyze what exactly occurred at the time of the crash, etc.

If you don't know where DMP files are located, here's how to get to them:

1.    Navigate to the %systemroot%\Minidump folder.
 2.    Copy any and all DMP files in the Minidump folder to your Desktop and then zip up these files.
 3.    Upload the zip containing the DMP files to Skydrive or a hosting site of your choice and paste in your reply.

If you are going to use Skydrive but don't know how to upload to it, please visit the following:

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-SkyDrive

Please note that any "cleaner" programs such as TuneUp Utilities, CCleaner, etc, by default will delete DMP files upon use.

If your computer is not generating DMP files, please do the following:

1. Start > type %systemroot% which should show the Windows folder, click on it. Once inside that folder, ensure there is a Minidump folder created. If not, CTRL-SHIFT-N to make a New Folder and name it Minidump.

2. Windows key + Pause key. This should bring up System. Click Advanced System Settings on the left > Advanced > Performance > Settings > Advanced > Ensure there's a check-mark for 'Automatically manage paging file size for all drives'.

3. Windows key + Pause key. This should bring up System. Click Advanced System Settings on the left > Advanced > Startup and Recovery > Settings > System Failure > ensure there is a check mark next to 'Write an event to the system log'.

Ensure Small Memory Dump is selected and ensure the path is %systemroot%\Minidump.

4. Double check that the WERS is ENABLED:

Start > Search > type services.msc > Under the name tab, find Windows Error Reporting Service > If the status of the service is not Started then right click it and select Start. Also ensure that under Startup Type it is set to Automatic rather than Manual. You can do this by right clicking it, selecting properties, and under General selecting startup type to 'Automatic', and then click Apply.

If you cannot get into normal mode to do any of this, please do this via Safe Mode.

Regards,

Patrick
Debugger/Reverse Engineer.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks!

All of the attached DMP files are of the  CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION (f4) bug check.

This indicates that a process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. So, just looking at that, we know that on your system, there is either a process or thread that is crucial to the functionality of your system that is unexpectedly ceasing to exist, therefore causing a system crash. Next question we of course have is, why?

If we look further into the dump, we see EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000006 - The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error.

What's an I/O error you may ask? An I/O error is when any hardware device (hard disk, flash drive, etc) cannot perform its basic input/output actions such as reading or copying data. When this is the case with a hard disk itself, or any storage related media, it's due to the device PHYSICALLY failing. Do note that with hard disks, the connections can be faulty as well (i.e the SATA cables from the controller on the board to the hard disk itself).

Very rarely is this ever caused by software, and if it is, it's usually caused by things such as Intel Rapid Storage which I see you have installed. Do you have a RAID configuration set up? If not, it's useless software. However, IRST doesn't just 'uninstall', it's a bit complicated. See this - https://communities.intel.com/thread/44074

You noted you have an SSD, you need to be 100% sure the firmware is absolutely up to date.

If the SSD firmware is up to date via the manufacturers website:

Chkdsk:
There are various ways to run Chkdsk~

Method 1:

Start > Search bar > Type cmd (right click run as admin to execute Elevated CMD)

Elevated CMD should now be opened, type the following:

chkdsk x: /r

x implies your drive letter, so if your hard drive in question is letter c, it would be:

chkdsk c: /r

Restart system and let chkdsk run.

Method 2:

Open the "Computer" window
    Right-click on the drive in question
    Select the "Tools" tab
    In the Error-checking area, click <Check Now>.

If you'd like to get a log file that contains the chkdsk results, do the following:

Press Windows Key + R and type powershell.exe in the run box

Paste the following command and press enter afterwards:

get-winevent -FilterHashTable @{logname="Application"; id="1001"}| ?{$_.providername –match "wininit"} | fl timecreated, message | out-file Desktop\CHKDSKResults.txt

This will output a .txt file on your Desktop containing the results of the chkdsk.

If chkdsk turns out okay, run Seatools -

http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/

You can run it via Windows or DOS. Do note that the only difference is simply the environment you're running it in. In Windows, if you are having what you believe to be device driver related issues that may cause conflicts or false positive, it may be a wise decision to choose the most minimal testing environment (DOS).

Run all tests EXCEPT: Fix All, Long Generic, and anything Advanced.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you'd like, we can also enable Driver Verifier to be sure we aren't dealing with a software issue. Given the *F4 bug check, I doubt this has anything to do with the internet whatsoever, you just may be receiving the crashes around the time of connecting to a network so it appears that may be the problem, but in reality it may not be related at all. We'll see soon enough!

Driver Verifier:

What is Driver Verifier?

Driver Verifier is included in Windows 8, 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003 to promote stability and reliability; you can use this tool to troubleshoot driver issues. Windows kernel-mode components can cause system corruption or system failures as a result of an improperly written driver, such as an earlier version of a Windows Driver Model (WDM) driver.

Essentially, if there's a 3rd party driver believed to be at issue, enabling Driver Verifier will help flush out the rogue driver if it detects a violation.

Before enabling Driver Verifier, it is recommended to create a System Restore Point:

Vista - START | type rstrui - create a restore point
Windows 7 - START | type create | select "Create a Restore Point"
Windows 8 - http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/4690-restore-point-create-windows-8-a.html

How to enable Driver Verifier:

Start > type "verifier" without the quotes > Select the following options -

1. Select - "Create custom settings (for code developers)"
2. Select - "Select individual settings from a full list"
3. Check the following boxes -
- Special Pool
- Pool Tracking
- Force IRQL Checking
- Deadlock Detection
- Security Checks (Windows 7 & 8)
- DDI compliance checking (Windows 8)
- Miscellaneous Checks
4. Select  - "Select driver names from a list"
5. Click on the "Provider" tab. This will sort all of the drivers by the provider.
6. Check EVERY box that is [B]NOT[/B] provided by Microsoft / Microsoft Corporation.
7. Click on Finish.
8. Restart.

Important information regarding Driver Verifier:

- If Driver Verifier finds a violation, the system will BSOD.

- After enabling Driver Verifier and restarting the system, depending on the culprit, if for example the driver is on start-up, you may not be able to get back into normal Windows because Driver Verifier will flag it, and as stated above, that will cause / force a BSOD.

If this happens, do not panic, do the following:

- Boot into Safe Mode by repeatedly tapping the F8 key during boot-up.

- Once in Safe Mode - Start > type "system restore" without the quotes.

- Choose the restore point you created earlier.
If you did not set up a restore point, do not worry, you can still disable Driver Verifier to get back into normal Windows:

- Start > Search > type "cmd" without the quotes.

- To turn off Driver Verifier, type in cmd "verifier /reset" without the quotes.
・    Restart and boot into normal Windows.

How long should I keep Driver Verifier enabled for?

It varies, many experts and analysts have different recommendations. Personally, I recommend keeping it enabled for at least 24 hours. If you don't BSOD by then, disable Driver Verifier.

My system BSOD'd, where can I find the crash dumps?

They will be located in %systemroot%\Minidump

Any other questions can most likely be answered by this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244617

Regards,

Patrick

Sorry this didn't help.

okay this is the chkdsk results: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=334CE6A169DD2E62!909&authkey=!AOdxb9cuiWI2Mj8&ithint=file%2c.txt

This message appeared after chkdsk i took a screenshot: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=334CE6A169DD2E62!910&authkey=!AIgCJVH4d9cyFQs&v=3&ithint=photo%2c.jpg

try'd to install seatool, apparently i can't even though i have .NET v4 and that is what it requires, i will try reinstalling .NET v4 again though.

Sorry this didn't help.

Chkdsk results are clean, thanks. How's the SSD firmware, fully up to date via the manufacturers website?

Regards,

Patrick

Sorry this didn't help.

i already did the firmware earlier today but i will re-do it to keep the troubleshooting clean and organised. also look at this screen shot i haven't got a clue what it means. https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=334CE6A169DD2E62!910&authkey=!AIgCJVH4d9cyFQs&v=3&ithint=photo%2c.jpg also with regards to seatool i can't run it i installed the stand alone .NET v4 it suggested i downloaded it from the laptop and used a usb to get it onto the desktop and i installed and it still isn't running for some reason.

also for the driver verifier should i attempt to recreated the crash/error/blue screen? also no real point backing it up i backed up my photos already and i have formated both the SSD and my mechanical (mech is storage, SSD is OS).

By the way thank you for Helping me! just so you know i am very grateful! also if it turns out to be a hardware issue i have 3 years warranty on all my products i bought to build my PC is not life time warrenty for some.

i have the latest firmware update for the SSD. (samsung evo can't remember the numbers but i think 804 and its a 120GB).

Sorry this didn't help.

My pleasure!

When does that error happen, are you trying to run a certain application?

Enable verifier, yes. It will give us more info in regards to whether this is software or hardware.

Regards,

Patrick

Sorry this didn't help.

error occurs when i load up normal mode and enter my password and then its there. 
also on start up i got a BSOD i will disable automatic restart. and that was me selecting everything that is not microsoft. how can i send you the information from the verifier? would it be in the minidump file location?

Sorry this didn't help.

a line i have never seen on a blue screen stop 0xc4 and GameKB.sys - adress fffff8800sfce1a2 but heres the most important part you've been waiting for, the minidump file!: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=334CE6A169DD2E62!911&authkey=!AKvdZWvk6vbhBm0&ithint=file%2c.zip

Sorry this didn't help.

All of the verifier enabled DMP's are detecting the driver GameKB.sys in violation. This is a driver in relation to SHARKOON Skiller - http://www.sharkoon.com/?q=en/drivers

Update this driver ASAP if available or uninstall these drivers and allow Windows after restarting to install the generic mouse drivers for your mouse.

Regards,

Patrick

Sorry this didn't help.