Connecting Printer from a Different Location

Hello Microsoft Tech Guys,

This is Khan. I came here with a very rare and "specific" type of problem I guess, and looking for a brief and quick answer / solution to it. Let me first introduce our setup. We are Interior Designing company, and we have opened up our new Branch in other town. We have installed two separate Canon Image Runner Advance C5051i Network Printers on both Branch "A", and "B" and both are connected to their local networks, and working smoothly, having no issues until now.

Now what our requirement is: Since both of our Branches are having their own Internet connection and as well LANs, Is it possible that I can connect to the printer "B" (that is located in our Branch "B") and can print from my Branch "A" using the Internet connection? And yes, there's an option in the said printer Software that can connect the any Canon IR Adv C5051i via IP.

What should I do, should I check the IP of Canon IR Adv that is located at Branch "B" and connect it? Or if there's any easy solution to this?

Regards, and many thanks.

Hi Khan,

This topic is beyond the scope of support for this site which focuses more on home and personal end users. Please repost this question to TechNet Forums for further assistance.

Best regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 9, 2022 Views 207 Applies to: