computer screen is flashing with many colors

hii there ,
can any one plz help me wid my pc my monitor is flashing with many colors  as i turn on my pc it starts flashing
i even cant able see text plz plz plz plz help i m dealing wid gr8 problem 

sorry for my bad English ! 

Hello,

Thank You for psoting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand you have issues with display on the monitor.

But I would like to know more on this issue to help you better.

1) What is the make and model of the computer?

2) When you say" start flashing",Does it start flashing as soon as you start the computer or is it after booting to the desktop?

In the meanwhile try to follow the steps mentioned below to fix the issue.

Method 1:
Step 1: Boot into safe mode with networking and check if the issue persists.

Advanced startup options including safe mode
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Advanced-startup-options-including-safe-mode

Step 2: If the issue does not occur in safe mode, you may put your system in clean boot state (in normal mode) to troubleshoot the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows 7

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note:
Refer "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" under more information to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Method 2: Try using the Display Quality troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that your video card driver is compatible with Windows 7, and checks to see whether your color calibration, video effects, and display settings are correct.

Display Quality troubleshooter

Method 3: to boot the computer in low resolution mode and check.

1) To get access to the Enable low-resolution video mode option in Windows 7, you will have to press F8 key on your keyboard after the big logo or black screen with white texts appears.
On some computers you will see a boot selection after pressing F8, cancel that by pressing Esc key on your keyboard and then press F8 key again.

2) First you might see an operating system selection screen - select the correct one there in case you have multiple operating systems installed. If you already pressed F8 repeatedly, this screen might not appear, move on to next picture.

3) You will see a screen like follows. Use Arrow Down key on your keyboard to move down to Enable low-resolution video (640x480) (in Windows Vista and 7). Press ENTER key on your keyboard to start Windows with low resolution.

For more information :

Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Update-a-driver-for-hardware-that-isnt-working-properly

Change the display settings also change the color depth and then test
Correcting monitor flicker (refresh rate)

Hope this helps. Otherwise, reply to this response and we will be happy to help you again.

Thank You

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 3, 2024 Views 6,388 Applies to: