Computer Keeps Going to Sleep Even Though Sleep Settings Are Off

Basically I've been having problems with my new laptop where it will go into sleep mode while I'm using it. All of the sleep and hibernating settings are off, but for some reason the computer still goes into sleep mode. It also seems to go into sleep mode faster when I'm playing a game. If it was going into sleep mode while I wasn't using it that would be one thing, but it's going into sleep mode while I'm using it. I've tried changing multiple settings and no luck. This is an extremely frustrating problem that I would appreciate any help I could get with it. Thanks in advance!

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the following methods:

Method 1:

Run power Troubleshooter.

1. In the search box, type troubleshooting.

2. Click on view all, select power.

3. Click on next and follow the instruction.

Method 2:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card Drivers

a. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c. Search for the Graphics Card from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

20 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the exact same issue on my Surface Pro 3. Only this issue wasn't there until last week's windows 10 update was installed now the tablet goes into sleep while I'm using it every 5 - 10 minutes.

Incredibly annoying and I honestly do not know what is going on.

The solution you give doesn't make a lot of sense unless one of the updates changes the drivers. Since the surface is self contained my assumption was that Windows 10 would know all the devices and be using the correct drivers to start.

Please advise on how to proceed.

16 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is not a graphics card issue. Mine did the same thing, I had to do a restore to fix this issue, Mine isn't sleeping any more. Must be a update issue. Search How to Restore Windows 10 and it should fix the sleeping problem. When I went to settings, power and sleep everything was on never. I then clicked additional power savings and edit plan setting window all was never and still was going to sleep. I then clicked change advanced power settings and a Power Option window came up with Balanced, required password on wake up with YES on both Battery and Plugged in which I couldn't change. I just did a restore to last build on my laptop and it fixed mine. NO SLEEPING now. I even checked the Power Option and it now has NO instead of YES. This problem must have something to do with the latest updates as I didn't have the problem before.  How to restore: click start, settings then Update & Security, then Recovery. I click get build. I hope this will help.

72 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 6, 2024 Views 82,810 Applies to: