Computer display keeps turning blue tint

I know this question has been answered on other threads and I have searched them, however my screen is still blue tinted.

I usually log on first thing in the morning and the blue tint is gone but returns shortly after im up and running. If I reboot the same thing happens, good for a bit then back to blue. Its the same whether I go online or stay offline. Try to watch a video it turns blue, try to look at a picture it turns blue, try to check emails it turns blue...

I have done everything from adjusting the color through settings and on the display itself to uninstalling/reinstalling drivers. Nothing works. The only thing that worked was un-reinstalling the graphics card driver and it only worked for about 15 minutes then back to blue. No the nightlight isn't on. All this started happening after a windows update. This is really frustrating and im sorry I ever got windows 10, had nothing but problems. I cant recall one single day that I haven't had at least one issue pop up.

I have an new (maybe 2 months old) Asus VE278 monitor, NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 graphics card and running windows 10.

***Moved from Windows 10 / Windows settings***

Answer
Answer

Hi Shawn,

Thank you for your reply with the status of the issue.

In this scenario, we can assume that the Graphics card driver is the root cause of the issue. Try the below suggested steps to check the status of the issue.

Method 1

Change the Monitor refresh rate in Windows 10. To do so,

1. Right click on the Empty area on the desktop.

2. Click on Display Settings and click on “Advanced settings”.

3. Go to “Monitor” panel.

4. Under the Monitor settings, set “Screen refresh rate” and click on OK.

5. If you want to set the screen resolution as well, then click on “Adapter” and select “List All Modes”.

6. From the list of modes, select the screen resolution and its corresponding refresh rate will set automatically. Then click on “OK” button.

Method 2

1. Open Device Manager, expand Display adapter’s category.

2. Locate and right click on NVIDIA GeForce GT 610.

3. Click on Properties and click on Driver tab.

4. Check if Roll back driver option is available.

5. Click on Roll back the driver option and follow the onscreen instructions.

6. Roll back option will help you to install the previous driver which was installed prior to this issue.

7. If the issue still persists try with the steps mentioned on method 2.

Method 3

1. Open Device Manager, expand Display adapter’s category.

2. Locate and right click on NVIDIA GeForce GT 610.

3. Click on ‘Uninstall this device’ option and place a check mark before Delete the Driver software for this device and follow the onscreen prompts.

4. Reboot the device once and check the status of the issue.

You may also refer the article Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10 for more information.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 30, 2024 Views 29,237 Applies to: