Completely stuck with forgotten administrator password

Hi I'm got into a mess with my son's Asus notepad unning windows 8.1, I realise it's quite old but he uses for very simple stuff. The problem is that the system has crashed and is causing problems with the administration password which I added some time ago and totally forgot it...I have tried and tried to solve the problem but as I took over pretty much rights it now is stopped me to change anything, I am now in trouble with my boy as his quite attached to his own notebook and even offered to replace but no he wants this one, it has no CD and windows was preloaded! Anyone with information about this I would appreciate and please hopefully will not be to complicated! Many thanks long

|

Hi I'm got into a mess with my son's Asus notepad unning windows 8.1, I realise it's quite old but he uses for very simple stuff. The problem is that the system has crashed and is causing problems with the administration password which I added some time ago and totally forgot it...I have tried and tried to solve the problem but as I took over pretty much rights it now is stopped me to change anything, I am now in trouble with my boy as his quite attached to his own notebook and even offered to replace but no he wants this one, it has no CD and windows was preloaded! Anyone with information about this I would appreciate and please hopefully will not be to complicated! Many thanks long

"What to do if you forget your Windows 8/8.1 password"

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:

• If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.

• If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. For more info, go to the Reset your password webpage.

• If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

If you've tried these suggestions and still can't sign in:

• If you have Windows 8.1, you'll need to reinstall Windows.

• If you have Windows RT 8.1, you'll need to contact your PC manufacturer.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Microsoft forbids any assistance being given in these Forums to help you bypass or "crack" lost or forgotten Passwords.

Here is the Microsoft Information outlining that Policy:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/keeping-passwords-secure-microsoft-policy-on/39f56ef0-5d68-41ad-9daa-6e6019c25d37

Bill Smithers - Microsoft MVP July 2013 - Dec 2020

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

You will have to recover it to factory settings Windows 8, or do a reinstall of 8.1 by following these instructions:

Bill Smithers - Microsoft MVP July 2013 - Dec 2020

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 3, 2024 Views 7 Applies to: