clearing search history not clearing

I have tried the *** under history I still have search data. I have tried logging onto Microsoft to clear but the history still remains How do I clear this search history and keep it from storing?
Where are you clicking to find Search history?  Is this in a browser?
-----------
If this answers your question - Then mark it so. Then others may find it.
---------------
Around computers
since 1952
lacrumb

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello ,

thank you for providing this question.
I am a seasoned Windows expert with almost a decade in usage and support experience and hope to resolve your problems quickly.

Before i can give you an exact instruction i need an exact usecase.
Which history do you try to clear? Browser (Chrome, Edge, Firefox?), Texteditor, Windows Search?

If this solved your problem i am very happy if you would provide feedback and mark this as solved.
If this didn't solve your problem or you need further assistance please answer in this thread and i would be happy to help.

kind regards

F. Grobusch

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello ,

thank you for providing this question.
I am a seasoned Windows expert with almost a decade in usage and support experience and hope to resolve your problems quickly.

Before i can give you an exact instruction i need an exact usecase.
Which history do you try to clear? Browser (Chrome, Edge, Firefox?), Texteditor, Windows Search?

If this solved your problem i am very happy if you would provide feedback and mark this as solved.
If this didn't solve your problem or you need further assistance please answer in this thread and i would be happy to help.

kind regards

F. Grobusch

First off thanks for the interest. I am using Edge as the browser. I select the three ... upper left hand corner of opened page. I select privacy and security on left side of drop down, scroll down right side of page to clear Bing search history. A page comes up with older search history. I select view and delete search history. I am then taken to Microsoft where I log in and delete everything. However, this older search history still remains after going through the first part of my deletion explained in the above. How do I delete this older search history?

David

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 12, 2020 Views 120 Applies to: