Clean Install HP Envy x360

I am wanting to do a clean install on my HP Envy.

I downloaded the latest version of Windows and made an install disk on USB drive.

Tried to run but (multiple attempts) it hund at "14% … checking for updates".

Followed some suggestions and shut off various programs that otherwise fire off at start-up, and then went to restart.

However … this time it wants me to log in.  Usually I do via Face ID, or if that fails, PIN.  Unfortunately now, no camera … and it says PIN does not work either, leaving me only to log in using password.

Except …. I have not used this laptop for a while and, despite having a "hint", I cannot get a PW or version accepted, to allow me to log in.  Thus, I seem to be stuck ...

How can I get out of this situation to do the complete reinstall.  I don't care what is on the hard drive, that is all backed up, so no issue about deleting anything further.

Hi RLG4,

My name is Lee.

Here is another way of doing the Windows 10 Re-install: https://youtu.be/aJCkI14Lcd4

Lee

Note: This reply contains YouTube Link. The video provides accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Download the windows 10 1909  iso file,  , use Rufus software  make bootable pen drive , boot the bootable usb Pendrive, format the hard disk, then create a partition , install windows.
I am working as a Mathematics lecturer in a PU college.
Windows11_Pro_64bit_23H2_buildno_22631.3593_MS.office365_C2R_2401_v17231.20236_Intel_i5_13500_Nvidia3060_12GB_GDDR6_RAM_32GB_5600_Storage8TB.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 14, 2024 Views 3,787 Applies to: