Choice of user profile unavailable

Hi,
I have recently acquired a laptop wih Windows 7 preinstalled.
Windows Update suggested many updates, so I installed them, which required a restart. (which i postponed due to my use of the computer at the time)
I then closed the computer, to open it the next day (messages showing that the computer was acquiring the updates were shown)
After the update, at the boot of the computer, I closed it at the user choice page, with the red button at the bottom right of the screen.

But nothing happened. The user choices disappeared, but the computer did not close, leaving the login page blank (whit nothing more than the Windows logo at the bottom of the screen)

I tried restarting it, but the same thing happens: Windows starts, then loads the user choice page, but nothing appears.
I tried accessing to the advanced boot options with F8, but it does not seem to work ( I tried a couple of times, windows loads too quickly )
Also, since nothing appears on screen, I can't shutdown the computer.

What should I do to fix this problem ?
Answer
Answer
Thanks for the help, but I managed to fix it myself.
I restored the system with a backup disc I had made a couple of days before the failure.

Safe mode : I  could not access it, my computer was stuck in an infinite restart loop and I could not boot it on safe mode (believe me, it's the first thing I tried). I booted the DVD by changing the way my computer started: instead of booting from the hardrive, I made it boot from the backup disc. 

Anyway, thanks for the help :)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 22, 2021 Views 93 Applies to: