changing the combination for "half-space" or ZWNJ character

Currently, in order to type "half-space" or ZWNJ character, one needs to type Ctrl + Shift + 2, which is really painful! specially in Persian where it's needed very often. I know, there are multiple software that can help mapping this combination. However, I don't want to go that way, my question is, is there any possibilities for Windows to abandonthis combination and use something easier and more meaningful (e.g. Shift + Space)?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related switching language packs using a key combination on your PC. I will certainly try my best to assist you with your query.

Concerning towards your query you can change the keyboard layout shortcut key by following the steps mentioned below

1. Press Windows + I key to open Settings.
  2. Now click on Devices and select Typing
  3. Scroll down and click on Advanced keyboard Settings
  4. Now click on Language bar options
  5. Under Text Services and Input Languages window select Advanced Key Settings
  6. Select the desired language pack and click on Change Key Sequence and then assign the shortcut you want to switch keyboard layout.

Let us know how it goes. If you need any further assistance, we will assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

I'm afraid, I didn't make myself clear. It wasn't about "switching language packs". It's specifically about the "ZWNJ character" (also known as half-space, or semi-space". To type this character, you would need combination of keys (currently Ctrl + Shift + 2) which is not so easy. The question was: is it possible to change this combination to something easier and perhaps meaningful (e.g. Shift + space).

Thanks,

Nima

18 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Seems like this moderator is a big head.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related switching language packs using a key combination on your PC. I will certainly try my best to assist you with your query.

Concerning towards your query you can change the keyboard layout shortcut key by following the steps mentioned below

1. Press Windows + I key to open Settings.
  2. Now click on Devices and select Typing
  3. Scroll down and click on Advanced keyboard Settings
  4. Now click on Language bar options
  5. Under Text Services and Input Languages window select Advanced Key Settings
  6. Select the desired language pack and click on Change Key Sequence and then assign the shortcut you want to switch keyboard layout.

Let us know how it goes. If you need any further assistance, we will assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 2, 2024 Views 2,071 Applies to: