'Change the size of apps, text, and other items on the screen' not working

Hi there - just got the HP Windows 8.1 tablet - everything on the screen seems really small and even though I have it at the required screen resolution I am not being able to use the 'change the size of app, texts..." option - I am not sure why - can anybody please - this is completely ruining my tablet experience
Answer
Answer

The desktop and the "don't-call-it-metro" modern environments can actually have two totally different DPI pixel density (size) settings.  It sounds like you're already done with the one for the desktop environment.

1. Check desktop DPI setting
    Right-click your desktop wallpaper, go to Screen Resolution. Click the link at the bottom that says "make text or other items larger or smaller", then note what the DPI setting is set to.

2. Check the "modern" DPI setting
    Press +W to show the setting search panel, type app size and pick the "change the size of apps on the screen" option.  See if the "more options" area has the size set to a different level than the desktop DPI.

Shawn "Cmdr" Keene | Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider | CmdrKeene.com | tweet: @CmdrKeene
Microsoft MVPs are independent experts offering real-world answers. Learn more at mvp.microsoft.com.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 8, 2022 Views 2,317 Applies to: